Here's The Culprit - Do Your Thing and Tell This Guy What You Think - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2004, 22:55   #1 (permalink)
Greed Camera Man

Here's The Culprit - Do Your Thing and Tell This Guy What You Think

I'd like the members of Fordforums to meet one of our lowest level members of society, Mr Harold Scruby. Chairman of numerous self initiated groups including the Pedestrian Council of Australia www.walk.com.au which makes itself heard on the false basis of improving conditions for pedestrians.

The problem with 'Harold' (which is what everyone calls him because it is a word interchangeable with 'myopic moron', 'fool', 'idiot' and numerous other superlatives) is he forgets he is running a pedestrian council. Look at his website and read the media releases. They're all about better ways to 'roger' the motorists.

Take his recent complaint about the Magna advertisement. Last week they had one complaint against this ad however after this was reported in the media I guess Harold drummed up 29 of his mates (strong word for a fashion industry relic who is a self proclaimed expert on everything). He claims it glorified speed, wrecking the environment, racing and so on. He neglects to realise it actually aims to make buyers aware of active safety features such as all wheel drive.

For a bit of background Harold has no education or qualifications in road safety. He is an ex fashion industry worker with little else to do except complain bitterly in newspapers, public forums, council meetings and mostly try and erode the basic mobility and enjoyment of driving. He resorts to personal attacks on people by questioning their IQ from minor spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. His sole interest in life is telling other people what to do.

I encourage anyone to write to him and tell him what you think of his ideas on:

- car confiscation
- lower speed limits (he wants 40 zones pretty much everywhere; at least where he doesn't want 10 or 20 zones!!!)
- P and L plater curfews and restrictions
- severe penalties for number plate covers and dirty plates etc
- a pile of extra speed cameras (he thinks speed is the solution to all ills)

While you're at it ask him why he never asks questions on jay walkers, errant pedestrians, pedestrian curfews (stats show drunk pedestrians pose high risk at night time), walking while intoxicated, and the qualifications of people who purport to be road safety experts.

Send emails to:

scruby@walk.com.au

(please refrain from using language and personal attacks when you write directly to Harold)

NOTE;
I offer this thread because Scruby has admitted to some people in the road safety forums (i.e. stakeholders) that he expects people who oppose his views to "push back just as hard". Therefore, let's start pushing and put this guy in his place. We simply cannot afford to have losers like this actively contributing to initiatives that erode car ownership rights.
nepotism, nepp-oh-tiz-em, v. the act of giving jobs to your mates, particularly to mis-represent the will of the people and promote your own lies. Pedestrian Council of Australia (PCA), Harold Scruby, NSW RTA Road Safety group, NRMA.
Mr Greed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2004, 22:59   #2 (permalink)
Greed Camera Man

Re: Here's The Culprit - Do Your Thing and Tell This Guy What You Think

You may also want to ask Harold why he thinks he has the right to drive a car whilst taking pictures from the driver's seat. As can be seen clearly in this media release he neglects to understand the limitation this places on his peripheral vision and ability to see pedestrians who may walk onto the road.

He might just argue he wasn't speeding which as we know is the be all and end all in road safety.

http://www.walk.com.au/pedestriancou...asp?PageID=675
nepotism, nepp-oh-tiz-em, v. the act of giving jobs to your mates, particularly to mis-represent the will of the people and promote your own lies. Pedestrian Council of Australia (PCA), Harold Scruby, NSW RTA Road Safety group, NRMA.
Old 08-22-2004, 23:01   #3 (permalink)
Greed Camera Man

From the Sydney Morning Herald:

Careless pedestrians

What will it take for pedestrians in the CBD to realise that cars on the street are dangerous, deadly machines and that the drivers are not always as focused as they should be? The number of people who blindly walk out in front of my moving car terrifies me, not to mention those who manage to stand in my blind spot as I try to reverse. I worry constantly about hitting someone because of their careless attitude and I am one of the more careful drivers on the road. Is it just arrogance or plain stupidity?

Amber Almenning, Rose Bay, August 20.

Do you think Harold would issue a press release suggesting people like himself are responsible for their own behaviour?
Old 08-22-2004, 23:14   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Seems Harold is very popular.......

http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/f...8&page=1&pp=40

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 23:25   #5 (permalink)

i wonder if any of those subaru owners know thta there car 's picture is on the internet... couldnt they sue ??
tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 23:26   #6 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

what a tosser...
Old 08-23-2004, 00:03   #7 (permalink)

It is utterly absurd that the law in NSW allows children to drive, unsupervised, with a car-load of teenage passengers, in a turbo-charged V8.

And that turbo-charged V8 would be? Landcruiser?
I also thought people became adults at 18, I may be wrong. They certainly have the right and responsibility to vote as adults at 18......
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 00:08   #8 (permalink)
Scoob010

If you look at the stats for pedestrian deaths in NSW - poor old Harrold is up to his neck in s#it because he's done stuff all for them. The pedestrian council is a crock - it's ineffective and has no favourable results to speak of. Yet, because of Harrold's political connections he manages to get thousands of taxpayer dollars in funding. This country is stuff@d.

1998 - 102 deaths
99 - 108
00 - 110
01 - 88
02 - 95
03 - 93
04 - 92 (projected based on current trends)

So pedestrian deaths have stayed steady for 6 years! He better get off his but and do something about it!!! NOT spend his time pulling ads from a struggling company with a huge, loyal and highly dedicated AUSTRALIAN workforce!

When you look at all his activities, they are all car bashing...

Simple fact is, 3/4 of all those 100 people (average) that die each year in NSW alone are drunk and at fault.

Do we see him wanting to ban grog?

Oops - I may have just given him more ideas....
Above was on Street commos. I concur if this is true. Who agrees to give this bloke
money. We should lobbey that person and get his funding cut as he obviously has a
narrow perception of the issues. At the least he has no focus on pedestrian issues in
general, very simply and obviously he has his own issues with motor vehicles. I
don't want my taxes paying for his useless crusades.
Old 08-23-2004, 00:24   #9 (permalink)
Fords RULE,Holdens drool.

This guy is an absolute wanker! It's hard enough to maintain 50 k/h let alone 40!Just ask any V8 race driver and they have rev limiters on their cars to help.And I'd like to know what the cops were doing when this twit was taking pictures whilst in a moving vehicle!If they fine you for talking on a mobile phone,what would they do for that?And that Mitsubishi ad was done under controlled conditions with rally car drivers at the wheel.He should get his facts right before shooting his mouth off.

Marcos Ambrose, V8 Supercar Champion 2003 2004.
BAracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 00:31   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Scruby is a law unto his own.

I'd suggest some of you write to your local NSW MP and ask why this guy gets taxpayer funding for his useless car bashing and why he gets to sit on Road Safety committees with his utter lack of any related qualifications.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub