Hold Ya Horses!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2002, 22:58   #1 (permalink)

Hold Ya Horses!!!

Rightio

Being the huge ford fan i am, i have been beaming lately at the introdcution of the new fords etc especially the XR6-t>>>

Anyways just a few points...

1. Everyone got all worked up about the XR6-T saying it would wipe the floor with the new SS.... yes it handles better, yes it is a better package but guess what? it's still slower over the quarter!!!!

2. New GTs etc.....as if the new clubsports etc wont be fu**ing outrageous. Yes on a power basis it appears at the first that ford has a what, 30kw advantage (ie new CLubbie 270, GT 290/300)?

What about the respective weights of the 2 cars?

3. Just read on one of these posts that HSV is going to bring out some 98 litre 10,000kw beast or whatever. That will be the new flagship for HSV... Fords flagship wont out number that (ie GT-p).

So that leaves us in the same position
The man in the street who drivesan XT falcon would like to sleep at night knowing that what his car is trying to be is better than what the dude in the commy next to him is trying to be...

SO WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS: FORD SHOULD HAVE COMPLETE DOMINANCE OVER EVERY MODEL v MODEL COMPARO..... IF THEY CANT MATCH SOMETHING HSV BRINGS OUT, THEN THEY WIll FAIL..

AND finally Skaife and HRT will continue to dominate the V8 series forever until more money is spent on racing development. HRT simply has the best (even if only marginally) of everything; driver, car, manager, crew, etc which i believe is probably the overlooked fact by ford marketing. See bathurst yesterday? see every round of the V8 supercar series? HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN

It sucks but hey
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2002, 23:08   #2 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Pure Garbage.
Old 10-13-2002, 23:11   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Mate, I can't follow half of what you are trying to say there.

And, the new Clubby has 260kw.
Old 10-13-2002, 23:28   #4 (permalink)
one day.......maybe

the XR6T is not a direct competitor to the SS. Only reason motor did the comparo was because they knew the commodore S would get its arse kicked by the XR6T and thought it a waste of time to do such a comparo. Even so, the XR6T was only 0.1 to 0.2 seconds slower than the SS which is nothing, even better when you consider the XR is ONLY a 6. they even said the XR6T pulls away out of the corners, and leaves the SS a few car lengths behind. Who the hell drives on straight roads anyway, some idiot at the lights!
If you want straight'line speed to destroy the SS wait for the XR8. not only will it be faster in a straight line, but judging from the XR6T, it wil be brilliant in the corners as well.
Get my point, the XR8 is the direct competition to the SS. that they even compared a 6 cylinder to the V8 SS shows how good the XR6T is. the fact that the XR6T beat the SS overall and was only 0.2 seconds at the most slower is even better.
FordXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 23:34   #5 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Yes but with the GT with 290kw and with all its extra weight will it be able to pull ahead of the Clubby with 260 in the quarter and to 100. This is how a lot of people who aren't in the know judge a car's performance.
The XR6T had 5 more kilowatts and came in slower than the SS.
Will the GT be too heavy to compete with the lighter Clubby even with the 30 kw more.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 23:36   #6 (permalink)

Im tired

and there are wolves after me
Old 10-13-2002, 23:37   #7 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

roll Re: Hold Ya Horses!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by subsbligh35
AND finally Skaife and HRT will continue to dominate the V8 series forever until more money is spent on racing development. HRT simply has the best (even if only marginally) of everything; driver, car, manager, crew, etc which i believe is probably the overlooked fact by ford marketing. See bathurst yesterday? see every round of the V8 supercar series? HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN
It sucks but hey
Have you read the Sun-Herald's Drive's main article? Read it and you will realise that th races are won in the courtroom.
BTW, my cat would probably win in the #1 car.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 23:40   #8 (permalink)
LionHeart_72

yes but the XR6 is 200K heavier also... SS shouldn't have anything to be proud of by beating the XRT bu .1 seconds with that fact.....
Old 10-13-2002, 23:41   #9 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I don't think that Ford will ever enjoy the kind of domination that Holden has had in recent years. The point is that Ford is now competitive in all areas. So who is to complain?

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 23:46   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DansEdgli
Yes but with the GT with 290kw and with all its extra weight will it be able to pull ahead of the Clubby with 260 in the quarter and to 100. This is how a lot of people who aren't in the know judge a car's performance.
The XR6T had 5 more kilowatts and came in slower than the SS.
Will the GT be too heavy to compete with the lighter Clubby even with the 30 kw more.

"This is how a lot of people who aren't in the know judge a car's performance"

I agree totally, even though I made the contrary arguement in my post. As i was saying the man in the street (the people who buy the ****ing cars) who has passing interest in cars probably doesn't test drive the car on the track etc. They just want a car thats better on paper than the bloke at work who parks next to them. Better figures on paper = better sales TO A LOT, NOT ALL, NEW CAR BUYERS.

And being able to blow somebody off at the lights on the way to work is pretty darn cool too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub