Holden Fans - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2002, 05:53   #1 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Holden Fans

Has anyone noticed how holden fans can never give a good reason for why they like holdens, they say "i dunno i Just do" or "cause there good".
Because im 18 and still at school i find that all my mates whant a "Fully sik VL commadore with a Phat exhaust tip" and think they know what there talkin about when they really have absolutely no idea.

It makes it worse because im the only person who knows anything about cars and am the only ford fan there and i do get bagged out because of this, even though they wouldnt know a holden from a nissan if it wasnt for the badge.

I think HSV's slogan "I just want one" sums up this as that just what people are sayin' when you ask them why they want a HSV.
anyway ill keep tryin to get through to me mates that ford is a much better car than any dunnydoor.

Old 04-26-2002, 06:04   #2 (permalink)
Barra

Agree 100%
I'm in the same boat. But the advantage of them no tknowing anything about Holden it that they are easy to beat in arguements.

And also, i bet that 1/4 or people that would say they are Holden Supporters couldn't name 5 current Holden V8 Supercar drivers.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:17   #3 (permalink)

Barra

sure they can...
Skaife
Skaifey
Skaifster
Skaifieson and
Skaifestone
Old 04-26-2002, 06:20   #4 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Never argue with an idiot... it only brings you down.

I read that somewhere and it definitely applies here! :s6:

The way I see it Holden fans fall into categories: flies and sheep.

Flies: These people actually know something about cars and they like Holdens for a legitimate reason. Be it speed, power, looks, etc. I respect that. To some people cars are a device to get you from A to B. To others they are a passion. We are all passionate about different things.
Why call them flies? Because they're attracted to...

Sheep: These individuals have to like Holdens because their cousins best friends sisters next door neighbour has one so they must have one as well, and as such they know nothing about the product expect that it craps all over a Ford. These are the people you don't argue with unless you enjoy the sensation hitting your head against a brick wall. There are many people at my work like that. When they bag Fords I just shut up and let then live in their fantasy.
Sheep? One goes they all follow...

This post is not intended as a flame - just my experience with these people.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:20   #5 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
Barra

sure they can...
Skaife
Skaifey
Skaifster
Skaifieson and
Skaifestone
LOL! Good one Nick!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:26   #6 (permalink)
P1mp Daddy

dont even get me started....
Old 04-26-2002, 06:32   #7 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

right on 3toed!!!
Thats exactly what i mean, with the Flies/sheep it is so true.
I find that genuine holden fans tend to like older holdens like EH's and the old (real) monaros and i can definately repect that. because they know what they are talking about. but the teenagers and idiots who have no idea tend to like dunnydoors because Skaife, Skaifey, Skaifster, Skaifieson and Skaifestone drive and win in them on the weekends
But thats a whole other story.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:24   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I know the kind of morons you guys are talking about, but I happen to be a 'Holden fan' by definition, so like to think I don't fit into that category. Ever since I bought a Ford I have found I like both Holden and Ford in their own ways. Someone likened me to a 'bisexual' because it is apparently abnormal to support the whole Australian car industry. In which case I apologise.

For what it's worth, I could give you a big list of reasons why a current Commodore is better than a current Falcon (or vice versa). That's the good thing about maintaining an open mind, rather than dismissing one make as "crap" and the other as "great" when both are largely identical by world standards.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 07:42   #9 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_Travis
I know the kind of morons you guys are talking about, but I happen to be a 'Holden fan' by definition, so like to think I don't fit into that category. Ever since I bought a Ford I have found I like both Holden and Ford in their own ways. Someone likened me to a 'bisexual' because it is apparently abnormal to support the whole Australian car industry. In which case I apologise.

For what it's worth, I could give you a big list of reasons why a current Commodore is better than a current Falcon (or vice versa). That's the good thing about maintaining an open mind, rather than dismissing one make as "crap" and the other as "great" when both are largely identical by world standards.
True mate but some are so G.M and anti Ford it not funny.But try and talk sence about suspention etc the answer usually is whats a suspention? Or wards to that effect! Another thing the ones that bag either brand often drive something els!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 07:46   #10 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Quote:
Originally posted by ebxr8240

True mate but some are so G.M and anti Ford it not funny.But try and talk sence about suspention etc the answer usually is whats a suspention? Or wards to that effect! Another thing the ones that bag either brand often drive something els!!
Agreed... but there will always be enthusiasts who (frankly) don't know what they are on about. Just a year or 2 ago, there was a following of people who worshipped the WRX and thought it would spell the end of 'Dinosaur' Holdens and Fords.

Anyway, I just wanted to defend myself against any stereotypes about "Holden fans". :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub