Holden now own HRT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2003, 02:14   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Holden now own HRT

BUT, the TEGA rules stipulate that a manufacturer cannot own a team! In order for HRT, KRT and Team Brock to race, they will need to get a concession from TEGA just to let them race!

If you ask me, letting the VY run with the old engine, letting 6 cars run for the same owner under a supposed '2 car per team' limit, and letting just one team run with different wheelnuts to any of the other teams are concession enough for me.

Ford should use this as an opportunity to either eliminate the other concessions, or come up with some concession of their own before they let Holden off the hook so easy.

http://www.sportal.com.au/v8x.asp?i=news&id=35796

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2003, 02:29   #2 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

This should be interesting. Ever since the EL won a championship Ford have let Holden get away with anything. Now's the chance to even the score Ford.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:15   #3 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Now, I don't know who does the what ever this concerns at ford, they really need to do their job. Ford a being screwed over here, and publically doing nothing about it. I don't want to be a part of holden's floor mat.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:24   #4 (permalink)
Scoob010

About the only other thing that can be done to aid HRT is get the pace car on the track knocking off competitors. Not that they'd be better off but imagine the uproar if Ford bought FPV, Stone Brothers, Ozemail and ran them from the same stable.
Old 02-28-2003, 22:32   #5 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

Maybe they should be forced to float it on the stock market lol. I know it's a good opportunity for HRT to not be entered this year (if nobody buys them and they are not allowed to be owned by holden), but really... who wants to win when the best isn't there? It sure would feel very hollow to me if a ford won and there was no HRT.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub