Holden's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 19:18   #1 (permalink)

Holden's

Maybe a repost.
Well just a thread to bitch about those holdens...
i work in a service station (caltex) and i can almost guarantee that every drive off we get is from some fool in a V series... holden drivers attitudes just generally suck. If anyof em come in the store and decide to pay it's normally half stoned/drunk with a bloody stubby in there hand.

And a few tips when going to the service station...
1. Get your pump number, all the info is on our computer screen but it just saves time if you can tell us where you are.
2. Don't just throw money down on the counter, place it in our hands, thats what they are out for.
3. Same thing with bank/credit cards, hand them to us... and no we don't know which bloody account it is on, we aren't mind readers. tell us wether it's credit or savings or cheque and also tell us if you'd like and cash out.
4. Gas Bottles: Always opt to get it filled (if the servo does it) as it costs you less and when im on i make sure gas is coming out of the bottle before i close it up.. using swap and go system costs you more and you knwo those cheap bastards at Elgas or origin wherever you are don't fully fill the bottles... Gas bottles also have a 10 yera life span.. after that they gotta be checked...... if your bottle is coming up to its 10 years take it down and get it swapped, this way you get a newer bottle with a few more years in it, and a full bottle of gas aswell.
5. Ah well that's about all i got right now...... apart from things like mobile phones should be used about 6m from pumps. (or just don't let em see ya use it) and remove helmets if you on a bike etc etc...
6. Not very good places to rob, minimal cash is available to the console operator, the rest is locked up and we got a 'little red button' (white actually ) all we gotta do is press that and the cops are there within minutes... beleive me i know lol we've had it pressed 2 times by accident in a week, the security company ain't happy with my boss lol... and the cops got i bit pissed as well lol "We had to speed to get here you know" lmfao
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2004, 19:48   #2 (permalink)
So Play Nice

Re: Holden's

Quote:
Originally Posted by F˘rdFan86
apart from things like mobile phones should be used about 6m from pumps. (or just don't let em see ya use it)
This one is very interesting. There appears to be little evidence of any problems with mobile phones and pumping petrol, check www.snopes.com, although that hasn't stopped legislation over here.

Same as subliminal advertising - it is a load of crap that has never been verified, but everyone believes in it and there is actually legislation against it!

hehe

People are weird
OFR #23

Member - ATPS - Automatic Transmission Preservation Society

SVO Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 19:53   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baeddan
This one is very interesting. There appears to be little evidence of any problems with mobile phones and pumping petrol, check www.snopes.com, although that hasn't stopped legislation over here.

Same as subliminal advertising - it is a load of crap that has never been verified, but everyone believes in it and there is actually legislation against it!

hehe

People are weird
From what i've herd the only probelm they have ever had is when it first happened...someone in Europe, germany i think, anyway a guy was talking on his mobile and he dropped and caused big explosions etc., anyway they traced it back to a spark from the mobile when it broke
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 21:09   #4 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Quote:
"We had to speed to get here you know"
Yeah, and aren't they just so upset! You should hear police radio next time a service station activates their holdup alarm. Bids come down the radio left right and centre.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 21:11   #5 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Quote:
From what i've herd the only probelm they have ever had is when it first happened...
Didn't they partially suspect that the TWA flight that crashed/exploded off New York in 97/98 came down from a static discharge to the fuel lines caused by a mobile phone ?
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:43   #6 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

When I worked in a Shell servo, part of the training was the importance of not having mobile phones on near the pumps. Apparently a guys phone rang while it was in his car and ignited the fumes putting his car on fire.

Donno if its true though.

I saw onthe news not long ago that a guy had a faulty gas tank in his dual fuel car and had his family in there. The kids started complaining that they smelled gas/LPG nd the guy ignored them and lit a smoke and BOOM! the car exploded. Sad really.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:50   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

I did a contractors course run by the petroleum association for working at servo's, and the mobile thing was covered.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:27   #8 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
When I worked in a Shell servo, part of the training was the importance of not having mobile phones on near the pumps. Apparently a guys phone rang while it was in his car and ignited the fumes putting his car on fire.

Donno if its true though.

I saw onthe news not long ago that a guy had a faulty gas tank in his dual fuel car and had his family in there. The kids started complaining that they smelled gas/LPG nd the guy ignored them and lit a smoke and BOOM! the car exploded. Sad really.
Thats bullshit. Dropping a battery will cause an arc, a mobile phone ringing will not ignite fumes.

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
GTPChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:32   #9 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_au
Didn't they partially suspect that the TWA flight that crashed/exploded off New York in 97/98 came down from a static discharge to the fuel lines caused by a mobile phone ?
No, it was a fault with lines running through the wing tank.

I've heard that the idea of turning phones off in an aircraft has nothing to do with them interferring with navigational instruments (They would run shielded cable for a start) but more to do with phone billing.

It appears that they have trouble billing the call as the plane flies through different repeater stations so quickly.

Wether thats true or not is another thing LOL
Old 06-22-2004, 05:05   #10 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

Good advice there! sometimes its good to be a little bit thoughtful to people serving u, sometimes we are being pricks without even knowing it but when you sit behind the counter and u get it customer after customer it really makes ya day sh*t.

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub