Holdens V6 and V8 engine plans - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2001, 06:47   #1 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Holdens V6 and V8 engine plans

i just recently got my hands on the latest issue of motor and i read the scoop article relating to holdens v6 and v8 engine plans

I THINK FORD SHOLD BE WORRIED!!!!!

i mean holden have a standard 3.8l V6 with 187kw and 356nm coming out as well as a 3.2 Turbo with 239kw and 493nm!!!!!!!!

not to mention 5.3l, 5.7 AND 6.0l GEN 4 coming out with 500nm standard!!!!!!

i heard fords turbo was to have 220kw-230kw.

i am worried that fords old but trusty inline 4.0 will not be modern enough to overcome holdens new engines. are ford actually going to get the upcoming 3.8l v6 for falcon. what are the specS?

Ford need to act on this leak of info now!!!!!! dont be on the back foot in years time! U CAN DO IT FORD- PLEASE!
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2001, 14:48   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Yeah I saw that too.. I don't think there is that much to worry about really. Ford are on the ball and with the new attitude around the company, I don't think Holden will be allowed to have total dominance in the power market ever again...
With what Ford are meant to have coming up, power shouldn't be a problem.. :D :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 19:05   #3 (permalink)

Do you think power is actually a big issue? Considering the 6 cyl Falcon has had more power than the 6 cyl Commo since year dot.
The Magna and Camry have always had more advanced engines but they dont seel either.

Also the VS and VT were outselling the Falcon even before they had the GenIII/LS1.
Ford Oz has said that private sales arnt the problem, its the Fleets. Also what boosts Holden sales is Exports, they sold more LWD Commos to the Middle East than what was sold here.

The 260Hp Mustang outsells the 350hp Camaro/Trans Am more than 2:1 so how do you explain that?
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 19:45   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
The 260Hp Mustang outsells the 350hp Camaro/Trans Am more than 2:1 so how do you explain that?
Easy... image. The Mustang has more class, heratige than the F-bodies will ever have.
It's the big thing Ford Australia needs to work on with our Falcon.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 05-14-2001, 21:42   #5 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Martin,

Power is cetainlyy a big issue. And power is associated with image. As fordman said, image is the thing that ford need to work on in order to become successful again

Also the older ford design may not be modern enough to overcome a brand new engine design from GM. Think in terms of efficiency (fuel etc)

Since GEN 3 it can be argued that commodore sales have increased further. I am sure that Ford are working hard. I just hope that they are working hard enough

I want some more info on fords upcoming modular 3.8L V6. Anyone know anything?

As we know, combine T series chassis with class leading VCT 3 valve modular 5.4l V8 grunt and we have SALES!!! Hopefully with good profits!
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 22:06   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Power =Street cred =image=sales=
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 22:30   #7 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

These power figures are "Targets" remeber, and who knows, Holden's version may be detuned like they are at the moment. And I wouldn't stress too much, these new engines aren't for VY, they are the 2005/06 model commodore. Ford will have their brand new alloy V6 then too.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 22:46   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

All going to plan they should have it before then.
Old 05-14-2001, 22:50   #9 (permalink)
Australian xr8 Member

It is the over all package.The v6 that G.M have now is NOT o.h.c,NOT alloy head,NOT v.c.t,Not v.i.m Top end it can match the v6 in power even with a blower.But on road?They use all there power efficiently, esp as a performance drive, but as a limo type drive the Ford comes back.The Ford though small for v8 [4.6/5.4 o.h.c]Though not here yet have more tech in their engines than the gen 3.TheG.M[oid] v6 just doesn't compare.WEIGHT is what has kept Holden strong in the performance stakes,remember they started with a smaller package from the Kingswood.Back then every one? went for the Ford,they wanted a bigger car for the family.Falcon maybe should be more compact,leaving the Fairlane for the big family car, then Fairlane Ghia for the class model..:thumbup: :confused: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-14-2001, 22:59   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I'm not sure about the Kingswood but the early commodes up to the VL were in a different class (same as current magna, camry)size to the Falcon. Ford tried to make the current Falcon appear smaller to attract the female market, and we all know how much of a success that has been. Big, boofy, blokey type cars with power to burn are the ones that sell. Not the downsized suckers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub