Honestly Now - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2001, 00:53   #1 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

how many people on this forum actually believe we will see a car which will be equal to or better than holden in the later part of 2001 or 2002-2003 (honestly).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2001, 00:59   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Thumbs up

I think ford have the better car now! It's just lacking that something, POWER:mmm: , and I have no doubt this will be addressed. If ford haven't learnt their lesson and give us horsesh!t when AV arrives, they won't be getting my money!
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:01   #3 (permalink)

Me No question without any doubt. The cars are already better in most areas just need more power. If that fails my car should be finished and i will send you a picture so you can see a better car then Holden too:p
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:15   #4 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

that's what I meant, more power........
Old 05-02-2001, 01:21   #5 (permalink)
gone

Its on the way

Those Hodlen dunnies are going to absolutely crap themselves.

They speak enough SHIZ to prove that they should be driving a holden
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 02:53   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Don't forget one important thing though. We are all obviously performance lovers, which raises the question about overall ownership.

If you buy a new Ford it may well have 220 in XR or 255 in FTE. However, you can buy any LS1 powered Commodore and for the price of an exhaust, air intake, MAF, and Unichip you can get a lazy 280kW. That's only $3500 over the price of the car - less for HSV.

I don't think there's much scope beyond 220/255 for the equivalent Fords without spending up big. And let's be honest, people like LAMINGE are more common amongst us (ie. it ain't gonna stay standard for long!)

I'll say it again - get the power in the cars NOW. Not later!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 03:01   #7 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

I see what your saying Pete, but that ain't gonna happen until we get the new (modular) donk. Til then, buyers will have to make do with what ford are gonna offer in the near future, ie stroker.
Old 05-02-2001, 06:04   #8 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

after reading the news on holdens upcoming engines it could be another case of having a power deficit to Holden

Sure we will have a much better looking car in and out (probably better than VY), and have better handling still but our 5.4L and 230kw Turbo compared to 240kw and godness knows how powerful 5.7L SS's and 6.0l HSV's may not be enough........guess we keep on playing the waiting game

Ford need to keep up to date with technology also. Side air bags, reverse beepers. Xenon headlamps, 5 speed autos etc all are required to know GM off its high perch i believe

I believe AV will be fantastic, but i just hope they are aware of all that Holden is doing
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 06:16   #9 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

No doubt ford know what Holden are doing, and same goes for holden knowing what ford have planned. I think both cars will be similar in spec and performance.

I think its will come down to personal taste in the end, and if ford can find the middle of the bat, then they'll be fine!
Old 05-02-2001, 14:20   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
They speak enough SHIZ to prove that they should be driving a holden
Confusous say... "Why did God invent Holden?... To keep the dickheads out of Fords"...

Like Jem says, if Ford can find a common ground with the new Falc we'll be in good stead. I can see no point in having 300+ kw if you can only get 180-200 to the ground. Give me 260-280 to the ground with reasonable feul consumption and you've got my money. Holden can have their 400ci for HSV, but if FTE have the 5.4 with a kick-ass suspension to get the power to the ground the times will be the best yet and more importantly the car be will a pleasure to drive...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub