Hoon dob in lines - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2004, 15:12   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Hoon dob in lines

Now I know most people are firmly objected to these, and in principal I am too. However last night I saw something that's kinda changed my mind.

10:15 PM, still a fair bit of traffic round. I'm driving inbound on the Princes Highway, pull up at the lights on Wellington road. A VL Calais Turbo rocked up next to me. Lights went green and he launched pretty damn hard, ending up going straight in front of me and the car to my right sideways. Further on down the road we all drive through plumes of smoke.

I was ready to get out and give him a piece of my mind at the next set of lights but I missed him. I admit I give it a bit leaving the lights sometimes but bloody hell, there were heaps of other cars around at the time and I don't really care for people endangering everyone's safety.

I called the cops the moment I got home with his rego, but all they reckon they can do is drive around and hope to pick him up. What a joke.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2004, 15:20   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: Hoon dob in lines

Camera phone would have been handy...

If you had taken off reasonablly quick, I take it you would have been hit by him.
Old 10-29-2004, 15:20   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

you did the right thing. We all enjoy our cars and we have all used the power in our cars to bring a smile to our faces but there is a time and place. There are people (like me) that are in cars with our families (wife, 4 young children) who do not deserve to be taken out by an idiot who cant determine what is appropriate and what is idiotic.

Good on you for showing that not all performance car fans are hoons and law breaking reckless morons.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 15:20   #4 (permalink)
Long live the AU!!

I dont know if this hoon line will work. Like you have just said, you told the cops, and they did f**k all, what difference is it going to make by ringing someone?

> Piccies <
hambo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 15:25   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

If I had of taken off quickly my gf would be in hospital right now, no doubt about it.

It's not that the cops did nothing, it's that they can't. All they said they can do is hope to find him and catch him doing something stupid. All I can see happening is the duty car maybe finding him, him getting scared by the cops, so they have nothing to go on and pull him over to give him a yellow sticker. Justice for acting like that? Hell no.
Old 10-29-2004, 15:38   #6 (permalink)
Long live the AU!!

yeah, thats another reason why the line wont work. They cant charge them for something they cant prove happened...

> Piccies <
hambo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 15:46   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The EPA does with littering from a car.
Old 10-29-2004, 17:12   #8 (permalink)

i saw an example of how these dob in lines can work - just last night!

there was this party across the street from my house - i live on a fairly busy road here. anyway this really hot v8 VK(?) station wagon rocked up with a whole lot of drunk hooligans in it, some got out others got in. and before he took off he did a really long burnout up the street before speeding off. anyway about 1min later he came back down the street sedately in the opposite direction. only to see a cop car coming down the road towards him. cops were about to pull up at the house but popped a quick U turn and went off after him. nice bit of justice that was :)
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 17:26   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Unfortunately to quote an old saying "Its the few who spoil it for the many" and thats a prime example.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 23:03   #10 (permalink)
AU XR6 VCT 'WANNABE'

Dude,
I've never heard of these dob in lines, hopefully other kiwis online will be able to help me with this one, but I believe over here the cops have the right to seize these vehicles now and sell them off, or is that just for repeat offenders with high fines. But I agree with Casper, you did the right thing man especially when it comes to the safety of not only yourself but for others as well.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub