HOTDBZ's beast - Back to TSA (stay tuned for progress updates) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 19:22   #1 (permalink)
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard

Lightbulb HOTDBZ - Stung by the TSA bug

Well, the day has come, actually, it has already passed. Yes, yesterday I sent my beast back to TSA (aka Gas Research at Frankston Dandenong) for the next big step to quench my thirst for greater performance.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, here's the story (those who do, please bear with it for the moment). I had my AU XR6 turbocharged and intercooled by TSA last November. Before that project, it was running 112rwkw with HM headers, 2.5" sports exhaust with high flow cat, powerchip, mild cam, cold air intake, BMC CDA, the lot with a stock engine. I brought it into TSA and the owner, Scott, did wonders to the car with a custom-made turbo manifold, a modest-sized T03 blower, front mounted intercooler, and a new piggyback chip. That project brought the car up to 170rwkw and running only 7psi boost. Waitaminute, did I say my XR6 is an auto? Yes, stock engine, and stock adaptive shift auto transmission. 9 months on and no problems at all. Very happy customer.

But then, as the days go by, I outgrew the amount of power the stage 2 TSA kit could provide. Not saying that the setup as bad or anything, its just me. I'm very "adaptive"...hence I went back to TSA for more. Planning for this project started in Feb this year. Yes, that means I started my search for more power just after only 4 months from the first project. This time, I knew I had to look at mucking around with the internals, meaning the block, pistons, and transmission. A bigger turbo would be nice, a new manifold, removal of the battery from the bay area so that the air filter feeds straight into the blower instead of having it routed over the rocker cover. Bigger piping was also on the agenda, not forgetting I'll also be needing a new computer. So the hunt for parts began....

Last edited by HOTDBZ; 09-22-2003 at 22:29.
HOTDBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2003, 19:37   #2 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Re: HOTDBZ's beast - Back to TSA (stay tuned for progress updates)

Awwwwwwww can't wait!
Love your car!

get a T66 lol
Old 07-07-2003, 19:39   #3 (permalink)
RACE

Excellent news! Keep us updated with the figures and any problems (if any) during this next stage.
Old 07-07-2003, 22:13   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

Hey HOTDBZ! is TSA where that Jason guy works? the one with the TwinTurbo ESP?
xeespghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:32   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeespghia
Hey HOTDBZ! is TSA where that Jason guy works? the one with the TwinTurbo ESP?
Malvin i hope you dont mind me answering for you?

Yes it is, saw it myself when i was down there on Saturday after some of HOTDBZ discarded parts bin :s6: ....... but thats another story.

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:38   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

hey Kooky thanks man, do you know wot happened to the silver 11 sec falcon? i know it was for sale and is prob sold, but was he selling the whole car with the engine? you wouldnt know how much he got for it would ya?
xeespghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:49   #7 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Originally Posted by headsex
(ahem, my front yard)

With regard to the silver one *edit* & the twin turbo mate. check this link..... Killa Twin TURBO

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:16   #8 (permalink)
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard

Sorry guys, I had to leave the story incomplete coz I was in the office and it was getting a little inconvenient for casual surfing....LOL

Well, I'm just putting this up so that more people know the good stuff that TSA does, and not try to compete with Laminge (oh c'mon, besides my project will be over before his is...LOL...and cost maybe only a quarter of what his would). I mean, well, if you ask them about turbocharging your 6 cyl Falcon, they'll sell you their stage 1 or 2 kit and thats about it. Why do they do that? Coz that's the most reliable kit that you can find, good new parts (and not some second hand reconditioned blower or truck core), and does not screw up your transmission after 10,000ks of hard driving. However, if you want to talk a walk on the wilder side (like what I'm doing right now), they'll be more than happy to entertain you. Wonder if you guys have seen or heard about the TSA-tuned almost-400rwkw Holden GTO coupe? Yes, that's what I call a real beast and it sure growls like one.

So enough of my b.s. I'll have some pictures up by tomorrow night. Last thing I heard from Joel is that the block has been taken out from the bay...yes, its out. The same goes forthe transmission. I'll swing by tomorrow morning to catch a peek at my beast. Stay tuned. Seems like we can fit a 3.5inch pipe all around now that we're moving the battery to the boot. Yeeee hawwww....bring it on!
HOTDBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:30   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Sound's nice HOTDBZ,like you I cant wait to hear about the final product.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:57   #10 (permalink)
I Love Forced Induction.

How much is this gonna cost, all up. $15000 grand + I reckon.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub