How clean is your 98ron fuel,I will tell you - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2003, 18:39   #1 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

biggrin How clean is your 98ron fuel,I will tell you

Be warned that Shell optimax is the dirtiest fuel of all the 98ron fuels, we found this threw go kart racing as the little engines play up with the smallest amount of crude in the fuel.My father owns a Go Kart shop and threw 100s of instances of karts stopping or performing bably found the owners were using Shell Optimax, on pulling the carby they always find water and large amounts of lint. My old man recommends Mobil or Caltex Fuels as they never have any problems. Get this on one instance he was told that the water was there on purpose to reduce detonation like some form of water injection and was evenly disbursed through the fuel, he was told this by a fuel representative. I dont know about this but he is either having a lend of us or it is the most advanced fuel out there

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2003, 18:54   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: How clean is your 98ron fuel,I will tell you

Whats Synergy 8000 like?? I use to work at a Mobil Servo and my boss told me that some places actually sell it as 8000, but its just Pulp thats in the holding tanks.
Hot Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 19:03   #3 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

Mate i can't tell u what individual servos are like and of corse i often wonder if i am getting what i pay for. One thing i can say is standard ulp is a purple colour and pulp is yellow while some optimax style fuels are clear and i always check the colour of fuel that is going in my tank by just squirting abit into the top of the filler neck above the flap you can see the colour quite easily

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 21:08   #4 (permalink)
wanna be burn out king

Re: How clean is your 98ron fuel,I will tell you

sounds like he was havein a good lend of you. when i was running my mower shop i found simlar peoblems but was mostly tracked to servos with shit in there tanks then the fuel its self also how the fuel is stored afterits been taken from the servo small containers get condensation real bad if not stored corectly theres lots of ways to get shit in theses small containers too . as for cars haveing these problems it almost never happens as the filters now days are prety good and injected cars have very little problems with small amounts water in the fuel only carbys dont like water . ps thought most of the carts would be running bp100 or some other brand or race fuel sold from the depo in 20 liter drums? these are always spotlessly clean inside and of course have not been anywhere near a dirty servo under ground tank

Last edited by 460cixy; 08-01-2003 at 21:11.
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub