How close have you come to switching camp?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2003, 01:48   #1 (permalink)
newxr8

How close have you come to switching camp??

Hi everyone,

Just curious to know if anyone else came close to switching car brands over the past couple of years.

Must admit prior to BA and looking to update the efxr8 I came very close to buying a Commodore - I'll actually go as far to say that if the BA was average I would have gone already.

Currently looking at an update and have been offered 15g for the xr on a brand new magna ralliart with sunroof for 28 change over drive away. A quick visit to Ford and I soon realise that although the BA is a great car I can only get into a xr6NA for 2000 extra than the ralliart and with no options and less performance.

I hate buying cars!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2003, 02:29   #2 (permalink)
gone

remeber One thing mate, buy the car that suits you, not anyone else!

I will at some stage in my life buy other than Ford if so the situation arises!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:35   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Sorry I just cant bring myself to buy a Holden I have Ford running through my veins to much, if that sound's arogant then so be it, but I allway's have and allway's will be a Ford man.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:36   #4 (permalink)
Mr 3D

5 years of AU made it hard to defend ford at school, I was the only ford person at Tamworth high...came close to just saying stuff it, holden are better, but I got to drive a mates 5.0L EB and that renewed my faith....
2.5" Redback Exhust
WADE 1004-112 cam
XH Snorke
3.27 LSD
Sipheren07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:41   #5 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I used to have a Barina (90 model) it was a great little car. Bought the BA as i needed more power and WANTED, NEEDED a Ford. At this stage i cannot see myself buying anything else, unless ford go fwd.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:42   #6 (permalink)
newxr8

Yeah like you guys I love my Fords - hell I have had three v8's and currently own 5 Ford polo's - what would I do if I switched camps! I guess Laminge is right though must satisfy myself. I'm leaning to the Ralliart - for the money I am paying I don't think there is a car on the road at such a good value! Resale is another thing though!
Old 05-28-2003, 02:44   #7 (permalink)

Can't say I have come close to buying a holden. However Fords attitude of recent years has really frustrated me. Take for example my TE50. Series3. They came close to building a truly great car, but seemed to loose interest before completion. The clunky driveline is an absolute horror. And what about Fairlane sales!!! Fairlane use to sell 2 to 1 over statesman. Ford has let it blow out to 6 to 1 in Statesmans favour. How could a Company get so far behind before having a major rethink???!!!I hope the new Fairlaine is the Ducks Nuts. I am in waiting. (It is not a replacement for the TE50)
VenomTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 03:05   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

I came V-E-R-Y close to buying an R33 GTS-T back in 99, just before I found and bought my XR8. If I hadn't seen it, I would have been in a Skyline most likely today!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:18   #9 (permalink)

L34 Torana then a VH Group 3 HO before I went to my current ride.
Hardest thing about changing sides is updating all ya clothing.
EL2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 03:47   #10 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Never , EVER.
When exiting school all those years ago , most of my mates bought holdens and were constantly blowing up gearboxes and diffs. ( pre 1978 cars ) . Holdens driveline has never been as good as Ford , and that still hasn't changed to this day .

A 351C , toploader and 9 inch sealed my lifelong devotion to the mighty blue oval.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub