How to discover how many really bad drivers there are around - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
The Pub For General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-07-02, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Australian Ford Member

How to discover how many really bad drivers there are around

I've taken to giving my 11 year old a bit of a commentary at times when I'm driving so that he might absorb a bit of info that'll help him when he starts driving.

What amazes me is that when you start describing to someone else aloud what's going on around you and why you're doing whatever you're doing, you realise just how much stupidity there is that has the potential for a prang.

The UK police driving school at Hendon used to use a similar method for driver training and assessment.

Might be an excellent technique for both learning and experienced drivers, to sharpen their awareness.

Try it sometime. You'll be surprised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub