How Fast - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2002, 03:40   #1 (permalink)
lurker

Question How Fast

Who has the fastest car arounded here?,does anyone actually race there car,or are they all just for show,i mean lets face it,until now tickfords were a joke power wise,Mr Juicy's car sounds like it's got the stuff, xa coupe gives it a go,anyone have a ford made in the last 10 years that could take it up to a REAL ford?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2002, 03:59   #2 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

you mean kill stories?Every one driving the "joke" ford know how good their car is. I know for myself:)well, not mine yet but it's in the family.I know exactly how fast are those "joke" cars.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:06   #3 (permalink)
lurker

nah i mean more like quarter times,but kill stories are always good.But i have no idea what ya mean by "joke" cars
Old 01-24-2002, 04:10   #4 (permalink)
goooone

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
you mean kill stories?Every one driving the "joke" ford know how good their car is. I know for myself:)well, not mine yet but it's in the family.I know exactly how fast are those "joke" cars.
XRs rule I will probably have one for my next car but they aren't really all that impressive speed wise really when you compare them to a lot of modified cars out there. I think what he means has anyone gone of their head modifying an XR which I know a few of you have such as Laminges old beast.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:24   #5 (permalink)
goooone

My clevo gets 28.5L per 100ks & doesn't even have a fan let alone AC
But then my car is a toy not a "real car"
Old 01-24-2002, 04:28   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I dunno.. the XA has climate control... wind down the windows and the climate inside is the same as outside!
Cruise control = right foot and cars with red and blue party lights ...
As for the milage.... I havent tried a milage run as the bloody fool guage doesnt work but I got 200+ k's on 1/2 a tank on a 35 degree day (pinged its guts out so I wasn't game to thrash it !)

I will be very interested in how AP's machine goes once its run in and dynoed.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:32   #7 (permalink)
BOF

Mr Jucy's rig sounds like a weapon, Minges old car, AP's XR8 and Grunters XR would have to be the quickest on this forum. However I remember Kelli talking about an EB IL6 that flows a decent amount of nitro through it's veins (too much as she blew at calder a few months back) do I remember right that it ran 12's?
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:34   #8 (permalink)
lurker

Re: Re: How Fast

Quote:
Originally posted by knighty
a real ford ay? yep i reckon i can averge the speed limit all day, 23 degrees set in the climate control, average about 10l/100 kms, which is about 650 kms per tank. try that with a clevo. or is this a joke?
nah mate i wasn't refering to ppl who don't give a shit what there car can do,and if fuel consumption is important to ya,then thats cool,this thread was not meant for you:)
Mr Jucy,are u sayin that i think your cars not a real ford?
Old 01-24-2002, 04:41   #9 (permalink)
goooone

No I know what you meen but I don't think some of the others do. But I've been told by other people that my car isn't a real car because it to modified & what ever but I don't care i love it & love the power. I love cars that are full on but its not for everyone I don't think I could ever own a standard car.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:43   #10 (permalink)
lurker

what was your response when people tell you that your cars not real cause it's highly modified?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub