How many motorbikes? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2002, 04:16   #1 (permalink)
Veteran revhead

How many motorbikes?

I posted this on LS1.com so I may as well ask the question here, how many of you guys (&gals) have motorbikes?

I'll throw my hat in the ring with 3 250 chook chasers, being:

'98 RMX 250 (It farkin hammers)
'96 Across (you wouldnt beleive the shit you can fit in that little helmet compartment thingy)
'9? ZZR - smashed - not for long

As you may have realised, I am stuck on the two fitties. I want to sell all of the chookies and buy a GSX/R 600 SRAD (in the Corona colours)

So what sort of machines do you guys have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2002, 05:31   #2 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Had a postie bike for a while... good ol CT110.. :s6: :s6: That's where I developed my taste for high performance bikes.. :s6: :oo1: :dead:
Old 01-19-2002, 03:41   #3 (permalink)

I currently have a VT250F2D, Nothing special, 4Stroke. (was my first bike, gave it to my sister to learn on, she crashed it, and tore the sump CLEAN off it). I fixed it up, and have it as my weekend warrior !
My sis now has a 97 Model Fireblade (Tiger colour). Very quick !!!!
(You wanna know quick, Very few ppl could keep up with her, partly because she weighs 42Kg, partly because she is suicidal !!! - She was asked by Action Suzuki for sponsership for Bike racing. She turned it down for some reason.

Bike I had most fun with was a GPZ750 Turbo.
Bought it for $1200, rode it till the Head Blew.
Thing was like a mildish 2 stroke but could lift the front wheel at 140Km.

Ahhh Bikes !!!!! So much fun !!!!!
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 13:51   #4 (permalink)

Last time I checked, I had a Violet Pearl '98 Harley Fatboy sitting in the garage collecting dust. I haven't used it since mid August - damn magazines, never get any leisure time anymore! That's it, the computers off and I'm going for a ride. Magazine, what magazine?
Editor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
Veteran revhead

Now thats more like it!!:)
Old 01-21-2002, 03:52   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Hmm well i've never owned motor bikes but i've had my fair share riding em, going on the back of em and working on em.

Ok here goes riding:

Puch Maxi Moped (Man that thing was a laugh, had a race with me on a Mountain bike and him on the moped he won not much. I've ridden it a few times was only 14 at the time good fun.

Honda SL125 - First real bike ridden it around my mates back yard and went on the back of it with my mate riding Illegal no licence and only like 15 at the time, was a blast.

Dad has owned a Suzuki Bandit 1200 half fairing bike, friggin punchy as downlow not the best in the top range. Still nice bike in black.
Next bike was the ultimate YZSF 1000, 5 valve 1002cc and 145hp's of power, man this thing flew. 225km/h was a piece of cake top speed of 275km/h. Had to sell this baby for the EL we have now.

Have been on GSXR-1100's and the best bike in my opinion is the CBR 1100XX black bird, that thing was a gem.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 04:04   #7 (permalink)

I'll never sell the Harley, but I still have the burning desire to have a Hyabusa parked next to it. Maybe Santa will be kind to me this year!
Old 01-21-2002, 17:52   #8 (permalink)
spaceghost

Mint condition, fully restored 1972 Ducati 750GT - Conti pipes, Dell O'rto carbs and, finally, completely overhauled the PMG-thin wiring and turned it into something workable. Might sound sacreligious, but I think the sound of a Duke twin at full noise is the sweetest sounding mechanical symphony.....
Old 01-21-2002, 18:02   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Editor
Last time I checked, I had a Violet Pearl '98 Harley Fatboy sitting in the garage collecting dust. I haven't used it since mid August - damn magazines, never get any leisure time anymore! That's it, the computers off and I'm going for a ride. Magazine, what magazine?
Mr Beck, you have taste sir! good choice man... btw, i'll take care of it for ya if you want! :D

i'll have a fatboy one day... i don't know when, but i know i will! :)
Old 01-21-2002, 18:21   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up

There's no better feeling than going for a ride up through the National Park along the beaches from Wollongong. When I get back from the Vic Hot Rod Show next week, I'm taking some time off and heading away with a group of mates on their Harley's. Should be great, can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub