How to Stop Ansett in Their Tracks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2002, 19:48   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

eek How to Stop Ansett in Their Tracks

In order for any airline to operate, it must have a delegated person who is responsible for the operations. This is done via an Airline Operator's certificate.

Well, this ex Qantas Captain left to go to Ansett a long time ago and he ran their operations, held said certificate, and was THE man responsible for the systems that missed all the maintenance on Ansett's 767 fleet. I happen to have run into this guy in his time flying at Qantas, and trust me he's no bright boy.

So, in his preparations setting up the new Ansett, someone from Qantas calls and offers him a token job with a big title.

Result? Ansett has no valid Airline Operator's Certificate holder. However, from where I sit Ansett is better off, and Qantas had better watch out for this guy's inabilities!

You have to laugh though. Qantas are smarter than they seem..... :s6:

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2002, 19:57   #2 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

yeah but just don't stop them till after the 3rd of feb ok!
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 20:03   #3 (permalink)

there's not much difference between qantas and telstra. both companies have the qualities of dirty, rotten, cheating scoundrels! qantas is getting too big, and they are not as good as they used to be. a bit up themselves if you ask me...
Old 01-23-2002, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

His initials wouldn't be **, would they AP, first name ***********? And a former **************Captain?
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 20:33   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Hey, they've got my tickets for the Tickford weekend!! There'll be no playing of silly buggers!!! :oo1: :s6:

Interesting stuff Pete.. got any more goss you'd care to share?? :s3
Old 01-23-2002, 20:38   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by HP Dude
His initials wouldn't be **, would they AP, first name ******? And a former ********* Captain?
Gee, come out and say it. I would prefer we didn't get that specific about names etc because some of the comments are my personal observations or oppinions. However, you would be right (can you edit your post a bit for me?)

This very guy threatened me with a safety incident report, however after much investigation at the time it was found that I was correct and he had deviated from procedure significantly. Reason I had to do what I had to do was for the safety of his passengers and the airplane.

Being in a different company, I must stress that this is my stated oppinion only (insert legal liability protection clauses here....).

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 01-23-2002, 20:47   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Edited the above post at Pete's request
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 23:22   #8 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Im sorry Pete, I tried to PM you but couldn't and I thought I could get away without using the full name, but I should have realised that it it was still fraught with danger.

Once again, I'm very sorry.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 04:12   #9 (permalink)

HP Dude:
That's okay. I'm just sensitive to the fact it's me saying things and the guy may find us here.

Mr SParkles and others. If you buy Ansett tickets you are asking for trouble. Look how they did their customers over last time!

They stopped flying, stranded people, and sent their workers packing. Then Qantas and Virgin go to GREAT expense to fly their customers home for free, lease in planes from O/S to take the capacity, and all Qantas and Virgin get is comments about how they're bastards (you should see the costs of leasing planes in before you whinge about the ticket prices). Ansett start flying again but do they honour the tickets they sold? No!

There is no room for three major airlines in this country. Best to ignore Ansett because we are seeing how much they care about their passengers. If Virgin and Qantas can continue as a duopoly, everyone will be better off. Over time the Ansett workers will migrate into these companies (many, many already have).

Old 01-30-2002, 04:23   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
HP Dude:

Mr SParkles and others. If you buy Ansett tickets you are asking for trouble. Look how they did their customers over last time!

They stopped flying, stranded people, and sent their workers packing.

I wouldn't fly with Ansett after the way they treated their former customers.

I can't believe that they started selling new tickets and left the poor buggers that held tickets before the collapse stranded, and they have the hide to ask for customer loyalty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub