How would you guys react ???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 16:35   #1 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

How would you guys react ????

Washing my car today as its been raining every time I try to wash it it has not had one for quiet some time. Last time I washed it I noticed some paint on the front bumper (AU) flaking I was a bit pissed but thought nothing of it, as I was hung over and amped for the Second instalment of the driving course. Anyways I will get back on track. Washing it today I notice heaps of the bloody front bar is peeling away WTF. Now I am not one to whinge to hard but this shit isnít on. The front bar was resprayed before I received the car and I knew it wasnít up to standard so it got taken back 2 other times I still wasnít happy but this was as good as this guy could do. I was sick of taking it to him and it coming back worse so I bit the bullet and said yeah its a shit job but thatís the best he can do so ill take it.

Now I am just about to the ring the car yard up that I got it from and kick some serious arse about this. A paint job that peels in 9 months yeah thatís really good he also blew over the bonnet because of some stone chips that has not started but hey only time will bloody tell. What should I do to get this fixed I donít want to go back to this wanker painter again and I know the car yard dude really well. The dude buffed my car last time it was in there when he only was supposed to do a specific job of fixing the shitty paint job he did and there is still remnants of his compound around and swirl marks. This painter is a complete wanker and if he is qualified he needs to get shut down.

I am utterly pissed off today and I am not taking this shit any more. Also noticed extractors leaking from manifold and any attempts of tightening have not helped. The blokes that fitted them at Johnny Macs Geelong are more than welcome to fix that for me for free. So all is not lost at least I know I can trust those blokes for another exhaust in the future. I even think they could spray my front bar better than this so called painter

I guess my question is what would you do in my situation.

Steve B
AUPS

Last edited by AU1SIXA; 11-02-2003 at 16:45.
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2003, 16:40   #2 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Re: How would you guys react ????

yep I wouldnt put up with it, similar thing happened with my old mans old fairmont, keep taking it back until your happy!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 16:44   #3 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

send it back, sounds like there's no undercoat applyed

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 16:56   #4 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

I knew this guy was dodgy when I first seen him spraying another persons car. He bloody masked over a number plate and sprayed over it instead of unscrewing it and painting under it what a shonky prick. I also know where this tool lives so he better not piss me off. One other thing is this guy is dangerous with a buffer and got it caught on my mud spats causing it to damage the paint under them and not allowing me to remove them until I get a kit installed because it would look shit. I was not going to complain about that because I did not want him touching my car anymore. His nickname is (Passion Fingers) anything he touches he FuC*s.

I know of a bloke who is hopeless and works in Moolap (Geelong) never go there I think his name rhymes with Heath and he has a very very common last name. Iím also sure the streets name is Nobility St but I could be wrong.

You happy guys
AUPS

Last edited by AU1SIXA; 11-04-2003 at 15:20.
Old 11-02-2003, 17:14   #5 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Mate if your not happy with it you keep hassling the bastard until he does it properly. But if you have the slightest distrust with him i guess cut ur losses with him and go see someone else, usually a recommendation from a friend. I am sorry to hear of the shit you have put up with. I really hope you get it fixed and with some quality in the workman ship...
Old 11-02-2003, 17:16   #6 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Im currently on the phone to a family member who owns a panel shop :)
Im going to get him to look at it and quote me a price to fix it once and for all. I would rather pay for it to get done properly than get bloody destroyed for free. Problem is I am no Bill gates at the moment, I think a begger on the street has more cash than me ATM!!!
AUPS
Old 11-02-2003, 18:13   #7 (permalink)

Damn Stevie that sounds bad.
Did you say it was through the dealer? Why not tell the dealer the painter is dodgey and you want it done by a different painter?
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 18:50   #8 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

No not a ford dealer Roger but i have sorted it out with the dealer i brought it off and stricktly told him that his painter is a dick head. I was in no mood to argue with so he agreed that it will be fixed when i have the time he still want to see it but thats fine i have nothing to hide. Just fixed the electric erial problem had a bit of shit in there. Cleaned all that out and Dri Lubed the arial Shaft its working a treat now. That last sentance sounds really bad lol. Fixed a few other niggleing problems too. I have some rust forming on the rear struts that hold the boot up thast pretty common that will be going down on the FORD five year paint warranty so there should be no dramas there. But yeah i would have ratehred now looking abck on it they gave it to me with the few stoner chips in becuase that way it would all have been origianl paint and if i did have it peeling ford would have it covered and at least they can paint. Not to worry I am getting onto all there arses.

Looking over the front brakes its just about metal to metal i knew they were coming close but not this close and the rotors are going to be just on ok size so i mayaswell scrap em. I have sourced some from MADXF DBA slotted for a very very reasonable price so I think I will grab some pads and do them myself on the weekend at least I know it will be done properly.

Roger whats going on this weekend mate PM Me.

Steve B
AUPS
Old 11-03-2003, 22:10   #9 (permalink)
spaced out

AU1SIXA
you better remove the companies name from the post as the forum can get in trouble for users posting such stuff even if its proved to be true so for the forums sake please remove any reference to the company involved

Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 23:45   #10 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper
AU1SIXA
you better remove the companies name from the post as the forum can get in trouble for users posting such stuff even if its proved to be true so for the forums sake please remove any reference to the company involved
So that means when i say my ford blew up that means that the forum can get in trouble because i mentioned ford!!!!!!!!!!!!
WINGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub