How was your Holiday Break? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2003, 00:00   #1 (permalink)
Dreamer

How was your Holiday Break?

Well mine was freaking fantastic! :s2: The Mrs and I drove a nice 1200km's north of Perth to the tiny town of Exmouth. The drive was exhausting, we departed at 3pm on thursday, and arrived at 10am on friday, we had a 4hr sleep on the side of the road just out of carnavon. Sleep only occured as i missed a sheep (the size of a medium cow!) by about 3" whilst sitting on 110.

Well we setup camp and had another snooze, looked around town, did some shopping and then went for a swim. Turquiose bay is where we went, drift snorkled across the ningaloo reef, lots of exotic fish, the coral wasnt so special as it was affected by people touching it, and breaking it, plus the water had to many nutrients in it, which built up a layer of 'scum' which covered most of the coral in that area.

Out of the water now, and cruising along in the national park down to gorge, was spectacular! a nice little salt river running through the park with mangrove areas, lovelly.

On Saturday we drove down to Coral Bay (180km trip) and went snorkling there, pure bliss i tell ya! Sexy Fish everywhere, and the coral was to die for! After the swim we sat around for a while lapping up the sun. Then we jumped on 4x4 dirt bikes, and fanged it around the beach. We signed our contracts stating not to exceed 35kph, if we fall off its our fault ya da ya. First dirt track we reach, the instructor fangs it along, we're each on our own bike, clocking 70kph along a bouncy dirt track, LOVE IT!

Get to the beach and its air time! hooning along, we stop for a snorkle along an oyster bridge very nice along there, beautiful fish and coral. Have some chips and dip and watch the sunset, oooo that was nice!

Sunday comes around and we relax go for another swim, try our luck at fishing (didnt get anything) and just cruise along, its a quiet day, and an early sleep, ready for our most exciting time, monday and...

Swimming with the Whale Sharks, these fish are enormous, he was only 5m long, but man its huge! they get upto 18m long, i cant imagine how big that would be. Thats the best swim ive ever had, its limited though, as theres 5 other boats around, all with 20 passengers, and only 10 people can swim with the shark at one time. Your not allowed within 3m of it (4m around the tail) but i dont think i would want to be, hehe...

We were swimming in water around 25m deep, and we lost the shark a few times, but it resurfaced for some more fun. All up i had 3 swims with it, and the last was the best, i was right on top of it (it was about 8m down) all alone, no one around me, i took some great photos of it, shortly being developed and i'll post a few.

Lunch was fresh prawns, assorted meats, and rolls, very yum, went back for thirds, hehe. We swam with turtles, and 4 'normal' sharks during the day, over the best coral i have ever seen! and the most exotic fish i have seen. It was by far the best time ever.

Tuesday comes around and we got on a glass bottom boat to check out the reef. This was the worst time we had, very crap operators, very crap boat, and the most annoying large family group you will ever come across, thank god that was over.

We have an early sleep and pack our bags, pack half the car up and go to sleep. 6am comes and the tent gets packed up (very red and very dirty) the car is fully loaded and we leave around 8:30am. 1200km and 13.5hrs later were home, and going to bed.

What a fantastic experience, the best easter i have ever had, and the best holiday i've been on in a long time. Anyone thinking of going on a holiday soon, go to Exmouth! go around May and you will see bigger Whale Sharks and more of them, and if you do, go on the vessel known as 'The Gun' they are the friendliest boating people i have ever met! (Ive met a few, mates a decky).

FANTASTIC!

*If you made it through, thanks for reading, hehe, long but good*
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2003, 00:35   #2 (permalink)

GEEZ that sounded like a top time. i had a very quiet one girlfriend was working all easter so i went and visited her saturday night coz she lives alone spent the rest of the time catching up with the relations.

but i did recently spend a week at rottnest WOW some of the best snorkling ive ever seen plus lots of caves and shipwrecks.

i have been to exmouth before but never got to fang around on bikes etc will deff do it next time.
did you go to the georges and shothole canyon?
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 00:42   #3 (permalink)
Dreamer

None of those names ring a bell, hehe... We were in exmouth, and drove to the North West Cape where commonwealth property etc is and did that crap glass boat thing.

Then it was down around the tip and down through the Cape Range National Park, all the way to Yardie creek, looked around, then back up around to exmouth, then to coral bay, then exmouth and that was it.

We had planned the trip back here in Perth, so we did what we meant to do, but knew nothing else, hence why we came back early. Could of stayed until saturday morning, but had nothing to do, so came on home :)
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:04   #4 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Top trip matey .........sounds like you guys had a ball .....lucky bastard

I had a nice quiet one with the kids.....we went to Mums place for a BBQ lunch on sunday & that was it basically.......

Glad to see someone has a life

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub