howard marsden on eb cobra - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2004, 23:43   #1 (permalink)

Wink genuine eb cobra

Anyone who knows me understands i have an interest in rare ea to el's. Aprt from my ea cabriolet i once went for a ride in the only GENUINE eb cobra ever made. I believe it was made for edsel ford II who came out to australia for a while in 1992/3. It was (obviously white with blue stripes), the engine was ebgt/xr8 sprint (or abit better!)with full leather interior (heavily bolstered) the car basically had every ford option. The body was minimalist with only the tickford skirt kit and wing. it was owned by my uncles friend. He had it for sale at around 40 to 45 thousand. it was an auto and the four of us (me 90kg, dad 120kg, uncle, 110 and the owner) went out for a drive outside mt Isa. A vl walky gave us a go. I have pictures (not digital but i might bring them to the next meet if I still have my ea) of the speedo wound right off the end (over 220kph!) with the a/con on and the four of us in it (near 400kg of weight) we backed off when the top of the drivers door sucked open and scared us. I remember reading about it when it was made 14.98 quarter (auto no less).
Where is it now?
I have seen a few copies (usually trashed ea's painted with spray cans or killrust lol). But as far as I know they only made one.

Please feel free to add to or correct any part of this thread (it wa a few years ago)
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2004, 23:48   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: genuine eb cobra

I remember a publicity shot from around that time, but I don't have any further info. Stripes were like the XC cobra (apparantly it was his idea with the 400 XC coupe shells that were having a hard time moving) and included the roof.
Old 02-27-2004, 23:50   #3 (permalink)

i can tell you that we have a really nice mock up one up in brissy,and from what i have heard the original is up here also,but thats only from what i heard,i also know of a mock up its identical to the original which i see at the goulburn police academy now n again..

so i hear its in qld,cant remember but i thought its owner was a chick..

all this is speculation,prove me wrong someone.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 23:55   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Well speaking of rare Falcons, I've riden in the ONLY EA Brock ute

I believe John has a photo of an EB Cobra mock up somewhere? I've seen an EF Fairmont with Cobra stripes, looked pretty sweet! Saw an AU S1 with the same paint job....looked shithouse.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:31   #5 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

A dealer here in the ACT flogged off a couple of white AU S1's with the blue stripes. I would have been embarassed to be seen in those.....
Old 02-28-2004, 01:45   #6 (permalink)
XR82GO

About a year ago In the Broadwater car Park (GOLD COAST) I spotted a E - series white with cobra stripes, eb gt kit with a different style of rear wing. The bonnet had a air inlet all the way across the middle buldge in the bonnet about a 20cm from the front. This car looked like it belonged in the show room. Didn't sound like a 5L either more like a 351 with a lumpy cam...

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:52   #7 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Yes well I do remember this car being featured in a mag that I have somewhere in my collection,it was as you say built for Edsel when he came out here,if I get the time I might have a look in my collection for it,it is there I know, it's just I have one hell of a collection.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 02:07   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylox
About a year ago In the Broadwater car Park (GOLD COAST) I spotted a E - series white with cobra stripes, eb gt kit with a different style of rear wing. The bonnet had a air inlet all the way across the middle buldge in the bonnet about a 20cm from the front. This car looked like it belonged in the show room. Didn't sound like a 5L either more like a 351 with a lumpy cam...
yes i seen this car,alot of late at bwcp i even have it on film...
pitty though cause it had a posse of ppl with him along the M1 and lets say i thought i was a hoon,poor nimbus had trouble keeping up,*and yes its a nice sounding eb mock up cobra*he had his mate in the red ea-ed fairmont with huge rear wing and his other mate in the blue ea-ed all having fun on the M1.. i ran outta batteries in the camera and missed a good 30mins of filming 3 nice cars with heavinly sounds..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:06   #9 (permalink)

A similar car to this gets around Melbourne. It looks like a Stock white EBXR8 with XC Cobra Style blue stripes, no idea if its the one you are talking about.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 18:39   #10 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

The EB Cobra was only really a painted EB Fairmont. It had the standard 165kw V8 engine but got a twin exhaust system, tickford suspension body kit and different rims
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub