HRT 427 production announced - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2003, 19:36   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Read HRT 427 production announced

HSV Gives HRT 427 the green light.
The world’s super car club really does have a new member!

It was the star of last year's Sydney Motor Show and now the HRT 427 is to go into production.

"I am delighted to announce the latest - and greatest - HSV to go into production ..... the HRT 427" announced HSV Managing Director John Crennan at a National HSV Retailer Meeting. Also launched at the meeting was HSV's Coupe II - the latest incarnation of HSV's highly successful Coupe range.

Holden Special Vehicles and Holden took a bold step forward in developing the HRT 427. The car's release in Sydney attracted much attention - from the media, from HRT fans, and , importantly , from some 80 customers who paid HSV Retailers deposits on the car. At that time there were no specific pricing, specification levels, or production numbers, just a desire from HSV to showcase its ability, along with racing partner HRT, to develop a truly world class performance car.

"This is the biggest and most complex project we will have undertaken. We are doing it as it is a wonderful advertisement for HSV being a world leader in high performance specialty cars", Crennan added.

Pricing will be approximately $215,000 dollars. Production will commence later this year.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2003, 20:11   #2 (permalink)
Screw hyundai.get a mitsu

Loooks like ford may be uping the KWs on the GTHO from today.
Old 02-14-2003, 20:37   #3 (permalink)

That car is going to be a monster, good on HSV for having the balls to produce it.
But 215k for a Commodore?

Id rather an XT AND a house thanks...each to there own I supose

Off topic a bit- Now that a 427ci Monaro is actually going to be produced, shouldnt Procar ban the existing 'Sports Sedan' Monaro and make Holden run these things in the Nations Cup?
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 22:33   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

$215k for a 7.0L Monaro.. I'll pay the extra $4,900 for the E55 AMG thanks.. or pocket the $18,800 I'd save & buy a BMW M5.

Who the hell are HSV trying to kid? Sure it'll be fast. No question on that one, but $215,000 for the bastard.. Tell 'em they're dreaming [/Darryl Kerrigan]
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 23:07   #5 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by hypo
That car is going to be a monster, good on HSV for having the balls to produce it.
But 215k for a Commodore?

Id rather an XT AND a house thanks...each to there own I supose

Off topic a bit- Now that a 427ci Monaro is actually going to be produced, shouldnt Procar ban the existing 'Sports Sedan' Monaro and make Holden run these things in the Nations Cup?
Agree

good on em for producing it, imagine if FPV did something like that for the TS50, 200 production run minginators!!!!, but I am confused as to the price tag!

How can they justify the price
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 00:02   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
$215k for a 7.0L Monaro.. I'll pay the extra $4,900 for the E55 AMG thanks.. or pocket the $18,800 I'd save & buy a BMW M5.
Don't forget the MOD 5.4 Supercharged Ford GT Chucky!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 00:53   #7 (permalink)

If I had the money to buy a car thats worth more than my house I would want a prestige car not a bigger cubed crummydore.

Oh well good luck to those who want to buy it, it's their money.

JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:30   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FM

Who the hell are HSV trying to kid? Sure it'll be fast. No question on that one, but $215,000 for the bastard.. Tell 'em they're dreaming [/Darryl Kerrigan]

???????????

Then you'd be buying a slower car.......

This is not a Holden........not a monaro.....It's a race car for the road. Good on ya Holden and HSV for having some balls to take it to the world. Most people on this Forum seem to have missed the point. An E55 is not even in the same catagory as this car. Think GT2, think GT1, think beyond ya leather seats and air con. This is a RACE CAR people. This eats E55's for breakfast. Yeah it's going to be a pig, but thats why 80+ Aussie rev heads have put a deposit on it. People have praised the minge for his work, but as soon as HSV do this they bag it. This thing will eat Minge's car alive. Yeah it will cost twice as much, but this will lift HSV onto the world stage, Minge's car will only be known by the few hundred on here that give a f*ck and then fade into our memories and even then it won't come up with the numbers this thing will,( sorry minge to appear to be having a crack at your car, just showing the double standards).

I am a Blue Blood Ford fan, but HSV and Holden and HRT deserve a clap for this. Holden pushing the envelope gave us cars like the T3, maybe it will also give us a real GTHO. I would hate to see the name used for anything less.
EL2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:44   #9 (permalink)

I agree EL... Laminge's car will be an increadible machine that we are all eagerly awaiting(not as much as him of course) but the Monaro is as you said a race car built for the road.. I'm sure that this would be proven if it circulated the Nurburgring I'm sure it would be able to when driven by someone familiar with the place drive sub 7:50. So no standard road car will do this. It would be great for Ford to create a limited run of something similar.. but whoever builds these things aren't building them to compete against each other on the road.. they are building limited collecter cars. The people lucky enough to own one probably wont drive them a lot but let them be taken around as exhibits for rev heads such as ourselves to gawk at.
Well basically i guess good on them for making the machines... but I hope ford does something similar, and don't get me wrong here, I would die to even see laminges car in the flesh, but just adding to the point above
mikezx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 03:44   #10 (permalink)
gone

El

Agree with everything you say!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub