HSV launchs VY Series 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2003, 04:21   #1 (permalink)
FF Moderator

HSV launchs VY Series 2

www.hsv.com.au

or alternatively if you don't mind hearing the Holden boys druel..
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...threadid=16168

Not much improvement in looks, in fact I think its gone backwards however the power and speed based on HSV's claims are quite impressive.

0-100km = 5.3
0-400m = 13.5 (manual)

Hang on here we go!!!

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =

Last edited by CDAA; 09-04-2003 at 06:41.
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2003, 05:56   #2 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Re: HSV launchs VY Series 2

Apart from the power increase, there is nothing to praise about the new series. It is still aesthetically offensive as the first series, with pug-fugly rims and body kit. Interiors don't seem any better than series 1, and this time around the Senator is downright breathtaking in it's horridness.

As for this new suspension option they are offering, whatever happened to the wonders of "DIGRESSIVE RATE DAMPERS"!!!!! What next - they'll be dropping the DAMPOLATOR!!!!

HSV have truly plumbed the depths with this new series - only the most hardcore would surely stoop to buying them now.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:06   #3 (permalink)

HSV are now DIN power happy, quoting it everywhere.. .I wonder if their kerb weight figures are true kerb weight (TKW)or x,xxx Kg Holden Kerb weight. here's what i think- (HKW) < (TKW.)
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:08   #4 (permalink)

HSV are now DIN power happy, quoting it everywhere...I wonder if their kerb weight figures are true kerb weight (TKW) or x,xxx Kg Holden Kerb weight (HKW). Here's what i think- (HKW) = (TKW) - (TKW x 5%)
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:24   #5 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

I agree Sparkles i think if anything they have gone backwards with the looks, and those wheels ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Shows how threatened HSV are by the Boss Gt's and the power figures they have quoted, 25kw's is the most they have increased their power figures by since changing from the Holden 5.0

Glad that HSV responded to FPV and Ford rather than vice versa as we have seen over the last few years, now Ford needs to ramp it up in BA series 2 make the stockie(lol) GT 300kw and the GTP 320kw and then when Holden release the GTS next year bring out the blown GTHO pumping about 350kw and leave it upto Holden and HSV to play catchup.

What i also find amusing is that they are asking 75K for a R8 Clubbie with 19's standard and 285kw 510nm and are still expecting people to buy the GTS.

HSV have painted themselves into a crn with the use of the Calloway motor, they cant drop the price of the GTS because it will devalue the preceeding models(which have the worst depreciation rate in the industry allready)

Which leaves them with the only option to add extra goodies to the GTS, which will again de-value the earlier models or push up the ticket price of the new models to over the 100K mark.

Interesting times ahead for sure
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:36   #6 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

**** 5.3 is bloody quick
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:38   #7 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

I had a look at their site this afternoon. I see they have introduced the LE. I am dissapointed to see that it isn't Maroon with Gold Stripes, and no Honeycomb Mags!!!

Seriously, they don't look much different, but the increase in power is just something to bring them up to the numbers that the FPV vehicles are producing.

I also see they have no updates for the GTS Sedan and Coupe. I wonder what size Engine and the Power Output will be when they lob later......
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:50   #8 (permalink)

You have to agree though guys, those times are pretty impresive, now matter how bad the car looks.

Cheers
weetbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:00   #9 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
Seriously, they don't look much different, but the increase in power is just something to bring them up to the numbers that the FPV vehicles are producing.

I also see they have no updates for the GTS Sedan and Coupe. I wonder what size Engine and the Power Output will be when they lob later......
Yeah, but since the HSV's were quicker than the FPV's to begin with means that the cars were not short on power ...

As far as the GTS goes, word is they wont be available till Feb '04, and no mech specs have been released yet (except for the new Ohlins gas adjustable suspension).
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:47   #10 (permalink)

Re: Re: HSV launchs VY Series 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls
HSV are now DIN power happy, quoting it everywhere...I wonder if their kerb weight figures are true kerb weight (TKW) or x,xxx Kg Holden Kerb weight (HKW). Here's what i think- (HKW) = (TKW) - (TKW x 5%)
Boy did I laugh my head off over that one, so true Curls, next they'le be inventing a whole new set of 'Australian Standards' just for themselves. To them, remember, we are living in a Holden universe! Or so the cult of Holden like to think when they need to move the goalposts.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub