I am at it again Government Vehicles should use alternative fuels - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2003, 20:57   #1 (permalink)
F*#K the government

I am at it again Government Vehicles should use alternative fuels

http://www.petitiononline.com/71077345/petition.html

Trying to make a big statement to the government to leave alternative fuels alone and never put the excise on in 2008, I thought I would be another person to push alternative fuels in Government vehicles, emergency vehicles exempted.

Please post you agreements or disagreements on here.

I also will be posting this in other forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2003, 21:10   #2 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

I don't see why not, especially as the falcons come in gas only models for a minimum price increase. If they pay the fuel prices we do they'd actually save money over their 40000km
Old 05-20-2003, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
Ford Parts Interpretor

I heard that in WA the state government will chip in the difference in price between ULP and SFLPG (single fuel LPG) cars, to increase the private consumers take up of gas cars.

Good idea I think.
Old 05-20-2003, 22:31   #4 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally posted by ADZ351
I heard that in WA the state government will chip in the difference in price between ULP and SFLPG (single fuel LPG) cars, to increase the private consumers take up of gas cars.

Good idea I think.
We'd never see that in victoria, it costs them the money for the SFLPG, then costs them in fuel tax!
Old 05-20-2003, 22:50   #5 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

I'm pretty sure that the government in Victoria made some big steps towards making a certain amount of its fleet straight LPG recently? They had a big deal about it when Ford released the straight LPG engine with the AUII, I remember it all. Even now, all those VHA/C statesmen's and fairlane's are LPG, most that I see anyway.
Old 05-20-2003, 23:06   #6 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Those VHA/C cars are run by a private contractor, LPG is for their own profit.

I could see the government diong their own cars but I can't see them paying for Joe Public to option SFLPG
Old 05-20-2003, 23:22   #7 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

My mistake, hehe, I am blind, I misunderstood the part about the government giving money to people to buy LPG cars I'd believe it when I see it too, but in terms of governments running their own fleets, you'd expect them to be saving money where they can. But now that Ford are only releasing base models with LPG, I see that as a downside, ie, before, they could still convert Fairmont/Fairlane to LPG
Old 05-21-2003, 02:13   #8 (permalink)
F*#K the government

Quote:
Originally posted by fte22
My mistake, hehe, I am blind, I misunderstood the part about the government giving money to people to buy LPG cars I'd believe it when I see it too, but in terms of governments running their own fleets, you'd expect them to be saving money where they can. But now that Ford are only releasing base models with LPG, I see that as a downside, ie, before, they could still convert Fairmont/Fairlane to LPG
If the government was willing to buy X amount of straight LPG vehicles, I don't think Ford would knock them back if they asked for Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD fitted with straight gas.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:58   #9 (permalink)
wanna be burn out king

hahahha u cant expect a pube to drive anything less than a fairmont can u lol jesus. but i can see where ya comeing from i recon im the biggest lpg fan in canberra. tho our govement did have some of there busses running natural.gas/diesel. and some cars running lpg but its not to save anyone money its to save face to greens.ect ect who mostlu have no idea about the lpg benifits on the enviroment.. and dont forget that you CAN get peformance out of lpg
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 20:40   #10 (permalink)
Ford n00b

In Vic, we are returning to 4cyls, and for your info, most of us public servants aren't allowed any optional extras - aside from Aircon.

Falcons are all XT's and Forte's, our commos are Execs, and we've now moved onto changing the vehicles every 60,000km instead of 40,000...

I'm looking at our last 6cyl commode out the front now, there's a 4cyl camry and other misc diesel 4wds (country vic)...
DeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub