i crashed my fairlane :-( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 05:15   #1 (permalink)
what front end?

i crashed my fairlane :-(

yerp crashed my car tonite, went to do a u-turn from a service lane lost a bit of concentration and bang, tarago out of nowhere hits the front left quarter, didnt even see her lights comeing or anything, it makes me wonder if her lights were on, anywho..glass and bumper bar scatteres onto the road....
my car pulled out the worst of the two, no one was hurt, she came out of her car in shock, i went up to her and she wanted me to call the police so i did....they wouldnt come down like i expected and she got mad...she tried ringing them and telling them that i was doing a burnout and that i was driving dangerously (i wasnt, all i did was start turning, there are no marks or anything which would prove i was doing a burnout.) and she will probably tell my insurance company that i was driving like a maniac.

anywho, i am well dissapointed, my baby looks very sad, dont know how long it will take to fix, im just glad no one was hurt at all..

well i guess i wont be attending the elwood-portsea cruise dang nabbit.

heres a pic of the damge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crash-front.jpg (18.4 KB, 359 views)

written off
[LIM-OZN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2003, 05:30   #2 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

Shit, sorry to hear that mate. I know how it feels.

I wish you all the best, and dont worry too much about it, they are only cars, and beleive me, there are bigger problems out there in the world !

Hope it all works out well for you,
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:32   #3 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Ouch !!!!

sorry to see a good ford hurt.

not to be racist or anything here, but can i guess the ladt was asian.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:38   #4 (permalink)
what front end?

nah the lady wasnt asian, she was in shock, she was believing what she wanted to believe-that being i was driving dangerously. i know things will work out its just a major feckin hassle right now...im thinking after its all fixed i might sell it...buy a shitta which i wont be scared to drive and scratch...i dunno, im fairly confused at the moment...

anyways thanks for the good replies makes me feel alot better:)
john

by the way ill get some decent shots of the car tomorow and put them in the gallery

written off
Old 06-02-2003, 05:42   #5 (permalink)
well hung

hey man, its never good being in an accident but at least nobody was hurt (except your baby).
If the stupid bitch wants to make up stories and make a hard situation even more difficult, just tell your insurance company that you believe she didnít have her headlights on and maybe they will look into it further.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:46   #6 (permalink)
what front end?

the man, i doubt she didnt have her headlights on, its just the way she came out of no where, didnt see lights in the mirror or anything, just have no idea how she was there...i blame my self for losing some concentration i just cant explain how it happened..if she does tell the insurance company i was doing a burnout i will denie it...because its not true, i have a mate who will back me up on it...im just going to live and let be, if she wants to make it a bigger deal than it really is its up to her..ill just wait and see what happens

written off
Old 06-02-2003, 05:49   #7 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally posted by [LIM-OZN]
nah the lady wasnt asian, she was in shock, she was believing what she wanted to believe-that being i was driving dangerously. i know things will work out its just a major feckin hassle right now...im thinking after its all fixed i might sell it...buy a shitta which i wont be scared to drive and scratch...i dunno, im fairly confused at the moment...

anyways thanks for the good replies makes me feel alot better:)
john

by the way ill get some decent shots of the car tomorow and put them in the gallery
Yeah it's tough mate, I had an accident in my car, my Girlfriend was in the car with me and her mum came down to pick us up.

It hurts to see your car like that but no one was hurt and there was a witness there that spoke to my girl's mother and the police and said it wasn't my fault and was going off about the other guy.

The insurance company decided they couldn't determine who was at fault (5 cars involved) but I was next to cleared of blame. Still cost me and the others the excess.

After an Accident the car is never the same, mechanically of physchologically. My car doesn't rev freely anymore, has had all sorts of things break and go wrong since then and doesn't handle like it used to.

The front doors aren't aligned properly as they are digging out the seals. Hopefully all the issues will be sorted eventually but until then. . . .
Old 06-02-2003, 05:58   #8 (permalink)
Ex Member

you smashed it up pretty bad,

what model is that ??
Old 06-02-2003, 06:00   #9 (permalink)
spaced out

shame about the car hope every one is ok besides some brown underware also if she had her lights on the filliment in the bulb should be stretched worth mentioning this point to the insurance company

Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:30   #10 (permalink)
Red-i

Just get your self a "Hire a witness" to back you up on the no headlights issue and tell him/her to say that she had none or only had her parkers on and that'll explain why you didn't see her. What time was the accident? was there anyone else around, like people on the footpath or cars that stopped/slowed down? If she was by herself would be better.
I backed up a mate to say the other party didn't use indicator and we got away 'scratch free' (pun intended).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub