I Don't Believe It!!! Ripped Off!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2002, 18:34   #1 (permalink)
falconS

I Don't Believe It!!! Ripped Off!!!

Have a look at this

http://www.ford.co.nz/default.asp?co...2001_frame.asp

How come New Zealand gets the European COTY winning new Mondeo and Ford Oz doesn't??? It looks hella cool. Imagine one of these baby's dumped into the weeds with some big wheels and some glass. Then add turbo and presto, WRX competitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2002, 19:30   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Well there is a big ugly gap there between Focus and Falcon in the Ford Oz range. Ford has no direct competition for the Holden Vectra.

I've heard different views of why we haven't got the new Mondeo (one was out of fear it would eat out of Falcon sales, which I find hard to comprehend).

Have seen a couple of new Mondeos on the road down here in Ford country. Hopefully there's a good explanation behind it.

Would love to see Mondeo come back to Oz. Give Ka the boot while they're at it, to make room for Fiesta.

All easier said than done I suppose.
Old 10-28-2002, 23:33   #3 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

Mondeo

The Mondeo is an absolutely superb car.

Personally, i cannot fault it. The only thing is .. it need's bigger balls. Even the 2.5 V6 Does not feel very .... Peaky. However get the car in he twisties ... and WoW.
shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 00:03   #4 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnno
Well there is a big ugly gap there between Focus and Falcon in the Ford Oz range. Ford has no direct competition for the Holden Vectra.

I've heard different views of why we haven't got the new Mondeo (one was out of fear it would eat out of Falcon sales, which I find hard to comprehend).

Have seen a couple of new Mondeos on the road down here in Ford country. Hopefully there's a good explanation behind it.

Would love to see Mondeo come back to Oz. Give Ka the boot while they're at it, to make room for Fiesta.

All easier said than done I suppose.
I thought the Focus sedan would be up against the Vectra, and the hatch against Astra??
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:09   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

The reason it isn't here is MONEY as in tax's and profit.
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:24   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

I remeber when we were looking at buying an AU. We weren't sure about buying such a large car so had a look at the mondeo.

The problem was the price difference between the falcon with better standard equipment and the mondeo was so small we went the "more metal for your money" route.

I would think that most people in the position we were in would have choosen similarly.

So unless they target it and price it appropriately then it's never really going to do much in the market.
TheBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:55   #7 (permalink)

Have a look at the interior, LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE A BA TO ME, no wonder ford dont want it here, may ruin their little secret.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:49   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by marine1
I thought the Focus sedan would be up against the Vectra, and the hatch against Astra??
Focus in sedan or hatch form is still only a small car so wont compete with the Vectra.

The Mondeo is the direct competitor to the Vectra.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 13:07   #9 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

Interior pics,
Yep it does look like the BA..
Maybee a new Ford Global signature is to keep interiors similar..

Also, Any one notice the back ground (out the windows) on the interior pics. The ship is the pollywoodside and Jeffs Shed in Melbourne..!! Was it here for the photo shoot or was it super imposed....!
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 16:28   #10 (permalink)
How bloody Hot is it ??!!

On a totally Off-Topic Side Note...

Well done to the NZ web guys ( or whomever designed it). That FordNZ Shop is absoulety fabulous.. It was easy to use, simple to find the different brands of gear and great all round. well, except for one thing, there needs to be a larger, or a bigger close-up of items when clicking on it

Other than that, well done..

PS. This includes new "No Boundaries" gear.....

Fal con (flk on, fl-, fkon) n.
characterized by their long wings and their method of hunting, which is to rise above and swoop down on their prey.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub