I drove a Barra and.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2002, 02:47   #1 (permalink)
-

I drove a Barra and...

Well guys

today i got to sit behind the wheel of a barra futura. and let me tell you, boy it was an experience. my dad has an auii forte and ive driven that plenty of times - but this thing was nothing in comparison.

the barra is smooth, steering a little firmer than the au but a lot more responsive. suspension feels less floaty and more to the ground, but keeps excellent ride quality at the same time. the thing holds corners brilliantly. power? this thing rockets, and is smooth all the way up. the dohc gear makes a hell of a difference. gear changes are unnoticable with mild driving, the transmission is brilliant. brake feel is awesome and the car can really stop. headlights are brilliant (boom boom!) and the high beams outshine anything on any car ive ever driven.

on the inside, the interior is very european styled, almost retro in design. seats are extremely supportive, a million bucks on the au. the centre console is brilliantly laid out, the stereo kicks ass.

so... to sum it all up:

I WANT ONE.

Jase
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2002, 02:50   #2 (permalink)

Good to hear...I thought you were going to sum it up by saying it was brilliant!:s3

We're all in for a treat very soon....the opposition has something to worry about methinks.
Old 09-18-2002, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
EB wagon

Ive heard/read nothing but excellent comments on the BA's... It seems that ford has finally got it right! Did any of you blokes see in the paper the other day... even Holden fans are bagging out the new (what they up to?) VY? They reckon the car is a camry from the front and a magna at the rear! And the interior just screams out European built car! Its good to see ford back on top for once... not to mention the excellent performance by ford on the weekend in QLD! Woohooo

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 20:59   #4 (permalink)
EA Ford Fanatic

How did you manage to get your hands on a new Falcon? I might be wrong, but I thought that they were being released at the end of Sep? I know the new Camry is in showrooms, Commodore has just been released, but I thought there was still a wait. I hope I am wrong cos I can't wait to drive one. I am a valet with a hotel so get to try out all types of cars. The XR6 is the one I am really drooling for. The other day drove a 351 XB GT two door. They don't make engines with a sexier burble, and for the weight- it can really move.
Old 09-18-2002, 23:43   #5 (permalink)
CapDog

I was driving home with my mate in his parents brand spanking beema.....man that thing hammers....and out of the lights pulled up a brand new XR6, i needed a towel right there and then.

Anyway so we let it overtake us and follow it like 10 mins past our house and then it turns into herritage golf course......apparently they were holding a massive press release thing there was media everythwere.not to mention all the new fords.
Tried to get in but it didnt really happen for us.....oh well seeing it there was enought for me

Cheers Chris
Old 09-19-2002, 18:00   #6 (permalink)

jase ur a lucky bastard, sounds good everyone who has driven or even been near the thing gives it rave reviews, will be interesting in less than 2 weeks cant wait to see them everywhere!
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 06:54   #7 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Smile Nice......

Geez jase sounds cool......

Bugger getting a XR6 yet. Id be more than happy driving a standard falcon around. Lowered and with 17's would look nice. One question though, how was the sport triptronic auto. Cant wait till i get a drive of one of those baby's.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 15:14   #8 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I guess you hit the new thread button instead of the post reply button. Jack will fix it up for you.
Old 09-22-2002, 19:01   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

All fixed, I learnt something too.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 21:11   #10 (permalink)
-

the sport shift was cool, but you dont need to reach for the t-bar - just plant the foot! the kickdown is quick and responsive.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub