I hate Camry Sportivos - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2004, 00:22   #1 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

I hate Camry Sportivos

Grrrr. Just decided to take the beast for a bit of a thrashing through some great hills roads around here. Nice and sunny, no kids, good for a good drive! Should have remembered it was Sunday.

Just at the start of this stretch (about 20km) of really nice windy road, I am stuck behind a blue Camry Sportivo just turning out of a side road. It is doing 40kmh. There are no roads to turn off for 20km or so, and no place to overtake.... So I see grandpa and grandma cruisin in their "beast" up the best road for 50km.... still doin 40, even slower around bends.... slowing down about 10 secs before needed to on bends that I would not even use brakes for... I am tempted to pass on a few bends, but there is always some other stupid idiot coming the other way at the wrong time.... I dont like tailgaters, but I get so cross I am right on his arse.....

This is a road where you can do 80 or 90 easy around some really nice bends, get to really use the gears, etc.... but no, 40 all the way, at best.... I tried backing right off to give the old geezer some space - that didnt work. He just kept plodding.

Half an hour later, we reach the intersection (longest half hour of my life) and I do a u turn and go back the way I came, hoping for some fun at least one way. Bugger the stupid Sportivo - I would have like to stop and ask the old dude WTF he bought the Sportivo for, why not just some Corolla or somethin? And I wondered if he saw the ad with the Camry being dumped off the helicopter when that guy spots the perfect road - HELLOOOO!

Anyway, cruisin back, having a fine old time for about 2 min, and am then stuck behind a stupid van... followed that all the way back under similar circumstances..... another wasted half hour.

In the end, I just sort of seethed all the way home and have been in a bad mood since.

Moral of the story: dont go for drive on Sundays if you dont wanna go over 40kmh, and the nicer the road, the more likely you are to meet your local grandpa! And also, blow up all Camry's on sight! Especially if they have hats and fluffy toys on the back parcel shelf!

Pfffffft! That's MY Sunday arvo - hope yours are going better!!!!!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2004, 00:26   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Re: I hate Camry Sportivos

lol...yeah thats annoying. But why didn't you just turn back at the start?

Anyway, kind of off topic but how bad are those black badges on the new camry's..lol very classy!

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 00:32   #3 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo4eva
lol...yeah thats annoying. But why didn't you just turn back at the start?

Anyway, kind of off topic but how bad are those black badges on the new camry's..lol very classy!
Yeah, the problem is with that road, once you are stuck on it, there is nowhere to turn - nothing! It is really narrow, one lane each way, a cliff on one side, a big drop on the other.... believe me, I was seriously thinking about attempting it anyway!!!!

This one had the black badges (do they all have black badges or just some colours???) - I know coz I was looking at them all the way wondering what possessed the dude to get one in the first place.... I think the whole Camry Sportivo thing is a load of toss to begin with anyway.... I see more Grandpas driving them than any other demographic section.... My Dad is technically a Grandpa and is 62 but he wouldnt be seen dead in a Camry of any kind - he canes mine more than I do, and if given a choice, he would be in a GT-P without question....

The old dude today should have bought an Avalon for his trips out of the home on Sundays!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 05-16-2004, 00:51   #4 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

I reckon if you had an F6 you could have taken him easy and been well on your way.

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
GTPChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

he he camry sportivo - don't they cost more than an XR6!!!!!!! mmm smaller, slower FWD...although i suppose they would have Toyota build quality (theres always a positive u just have too look really hard).
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:50   #6 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Oh ha ha Chris, yes, very funny. However, I dont think an F6, a regular T, an XR8 or a GT would have gotten past this bastard. It is that kind of road, and it is part of the appeal of the road - tight, windy corners, no long straights, that kinda thing.... if I had overtaken I would have either slammed someone head on, or gone over the cliff.....

As for the Camry, I dont care what they cost or how reliable they are - gimme my dodgy clutch in my BA every time - you would have to pay me to drive certain cars, and Camry is one of them.....you are what you drive IMO. Ha ha. What is the point of a car being reliable if it is ugly, boring, has a grandpa rep, goes like a slug on wheels and is a front drive??? No thanks. Chirpies (if your'e lucky) at the front wheels? Pffft!

The only difference between what I drive now and what I drive when I am 70 is the power - I'll have more as I get older!

Just went out and followed a young dude in a ricer driving like a snail - what IS it with SUNDAYS????
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 05-16-2004, 01:52   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSIK
he he camry sportivo - don't they cost more than an XR6!!!!!!! mmm smaller, slower FWD...although i suppose they would have Toyota build quality (theres always a positive u just have too look really hard).
Hey, XRSIK, how much were your mods, not including the chip? 220kw! What do you get at the rears?
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 05-16-2004, 02:04   #8 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Oh ha ha Chris, yes, very funny. However, I dont think an F6, a regular T, an XR8 or a GT would have gotten past this bastard. It is that kind of road, and it is part of the appeal of the road - tight, windy corners, no long straights, that kinda thing.... if I had overtaken I would have either slammed someone head on, or gone over the cliff.....

The only difference between what I drive now and what I drive when I am 70 is the power - I'll have more as I get older!
Let me tell ya a secret Jac. The starter button in the GT's is really a knight rider turbo boost button. You could have leapt over him easily

Love the quote on more power as you get older. Touche.

Chris

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
GTPChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:11   #9 (permalink)

Looks like you had an interesting day , it would have been funny sitting next to you in the car with all those frustrations lol
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:17   #10 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPChris
Let me tell ya a secret Jac. The starter button in the GT's is really a knight rider turbo boost button. You could have leapt over him easily

Love the quote on more power as you get older. Touche.

Chris
What are you on about Chrisbabes? You are younger than me! RAOTFL!!!!! Ha ha ha ha.

As for the gobutton and upward launch capabilities, that would have given the old dude heart failure I would imagine! I just wanted to pass IT and given IT the bird out my sunroof (dont reckon there is a more arrogant gesture than a bird out the sunroof) - ha ha ha.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub