i hate magna's (about my accident) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2003, 04:26   #1 (permalink)

i hate magna's (about my accident)

about three months ago I had an accident on my way home from school, I was driving in a 50 zone and I did a head check over my left shoulder (can't remember the reason why), looked back forward and the lady in front of me started slowing down quickly because the lollie pop lady hesitated to walk out on the road. Before I knew it I hit the breaks and skid, it was a warm day so there was no water on the road and I had recently got new tyres a few weeks before hand but it was not enough.

I ended up hitting her mainly on the right of her bumper, and because the magna ass is as high as a bunch of 17 year old stoners my bumper hit her exhaust and my light hit her bumper.

The damage was miner to her car, only a crack in the bumper and the exhaust got pushed forward 2 inch's.
Mine unfortunately is a wreck and if we were to go through insurance it would be a write-off.
Luckily my step-dad's mate owns a smash repair joint and will do it cheaper for us.
The ladies car got fixed three weeks later and cost me $700

my car still isn't fixed it's been at the shop for about a mouth but now there is a problem there. Apparently the panel beater that was going to work on my car went walk about and no one can contact him.

Itís like he got murdered or something and because my step-dads mate is going to retire at the end of the year he doesnít want to hire any one else to take the beaters place.

Now a man down and with plenty of business he can only work on my car when he has free-time. The howl front frame has been replaced and bent back and the new bonnet and guard have been spray painted.

But there is still much more work to be done, because my light had hit the magna's bumper it pushed the light into the gas converter and the converter into the hub. Also the radiator got pushed up against the fan.

The most disappointing thing about this howl situation is that I bought the car 6 weeks prior to the accident. I guess Iíve learnt a big lesson from this and so have my mates. Even though Iím not much of a hooligan
when I drive I still have to concentrate allot more.

I will add the picture tomorrow

NB Thread spell checked in Word and reposted, please do us all a favour and please take ome pride in the quality of the post

cheers
laminge

Last edited by laminge; 11-17-2003 at 03:54.
xtream ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2003, 04:35   #2 (permalink)
NA Fairlane 4.0i

Re: i hate magna's (about my accident)

Poor man, hope your car get well soon

Agile Falcon
Swift. Agile. Deadly.

1988 NA Fairlane Series I

- 3.9L MPI Engine with 4.0L Equivalent Head
- Old Trusty 3 Speed BW M51 Auto
- Rear Sonar Sensor
- Cheapo CD Player
- Rear Spoiler
- All the luxury of a Fairlane

docomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 07:04   #3 (permalink)

if pictures don't work go to:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/459623

Last edited by xtream ea; 11-16-2003 at 07:15.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:31   #4 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

Just a little tap. When i had my accedent the car was smashed back to the firewall on the passanger side and the front end all smashed up and under the front of the car. Stupid insurance company didnt write the car off becuase it was over insured and the bill ONLY came to $6500. Not my fault so insurance took over.

Still, tough luck there and i hope you get your car back on the road quickly. Also, as you said yourself. Pay more attention.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 14:36   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

How could that not be a write off, walky? If that much had happened up front, surely the whole car would be twisted and bent all the way through to the back...

Also, this is a very depressing post, sounds like the Magna came out on top.. so much for Built Ford Tough :(
Old 11-16-2003, 15:43   #6 (permalink)

the car that gets hit in the front always gets more damaged
hopefully shes up and running again soon :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 18:47   #7 (permalink)
Arv

Re: i hate magna's

I hate Magna's as well.

I have a 1995 Executive which I'm trying to sell (fathers old car) and I can't stand it.

It's slow, doesn;t handle and generally boring to drive. Though it is reasonably roomy inside and does have a large boot.

It's feels like a real downgrade especially after stepping out of the MR2.

Next mod: A newer and better RWD Japanese convertible/sports car.
Arv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 03:38   #8 (permalink)

also i got a question, after i've had my accident and my car get's fixed would it be worth doing any mods or anything to the engine, i said a while back about getting rid of the stock ea engine and chucking in an au xr6 or sumthing else. would it be worth it now, would my howl frame be a howl lot weaker and god forbit but if i were to get into another accident which may not be my fault would my car crumble even worse?

i plan on driving cautiously when i get my car back and have no plans on getting into an accident again.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:55   #9 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

ouch, still, as much as u hate magnas, technically the accident was ur fault. anyways, sorry bout the accident and i hope ur car is good again soon
Old 11-17-2003, 05:05   #10 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i hate magnas they are always in my way
im sorry to hear bout ya car any ways

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub