I hate phone marketing and surveys - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 03:09   #1 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I hate phone marketing and surveys

I can not stand phone surveys, phone charities and marketing.

It's 8pm and I just got a phone call. Some guy ringing for a survey. I said mate it's 8 in the evening I'm not interested.

Do these people seriously believe at this time in the evening I want (or anyone) wants to do a survey?

I drives me up the wall. I know the person calling is only doing their job and I try to remain calm but it's getting harder.

I live in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs so it's a fairly well off area (even if I'm not LOL) so I also get a lot of charities ringing me. Don't get me wrong, I often donate but I don't like being hounded for money.

I had one guy wanting a donation for a childrens cancer charity. When I refused he basically accused me of letting children die. That really annoyed the hell out of me.

Am I the only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 03:13   #2 (permalink)
.au member

Re: I hate phone marketing and surveys

I don't like 'em either, but like you said - it's their job and they probably feel just as bad doing it as you do answering them.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:15   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I hate the damn things. I walked in the door the other night, fresh home from work and they ring. It was the last bloody thing I wanted.

"Sorry, I have to go to work, I'm late as it is"
"Can we call back?"
"Yeah, maybe on the weekend"

Little did they know I was at my gf's all weekend.

Haven't had a phone company call for ages, the response "sorry we don't have a phone" must of worked.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:16   #4 (permalink)
He without "fastness"

I normally say "im sorry, im not interested" and if they keep going i hang up. And those people that hand flyers out in the city.. I DONT WANT YOU FRIGGIN PAPER!!! I WANT TREES!!! I politely refused and the guy i was in the city with had a go at me for not taking his paper thing and being a rude bastard.

Sure, ads on TV, i can live with that. People asking me for my postcode when i make a transaction at a store, thats cool.. people door knocking, or calling me or giving me crappy little bits of paper... ITS JUST ANNOYING!

Coming Mods: Multipoint Fuel, 5spd conversion.

The worlds most effective pickup line: Hey, can you tell me if you think that this rag smells like chloroform?
SoulReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:27   #5 (permalink)

I get to answer the phone and door when these types of guys come around, you dont' need to be rude or anything just tell them that your not interested.
My funniest one to date is when a TXU guy came to the door advertising cheap electricity, i told him no thanks but we have electricity i kept a straight face as well, then he just said oh, who with? i told him then he said oh but we are cheaper, so i told him i wasn't intereted and closed the door.
Then i few minutes later i realised that i could've used the pun from the ad "TX who" who
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:33   #6 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

The most fun is to try and get them to hang up on you...

I like to throw lines like these at them.... "what are you doing after work", "you have a really sexy voice", "whats your bra size", "are you single" etc etc.

Seems to work most times. :) :)

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:33   #7 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Its actually illegal to call people to do surveys or sell stuff after 8pm. I used to do sales and harass people at nite time with phone calls and doorknocks so i know how bad it is.

Believe it or not, i never had a person be rude to me.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:35   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Its actually illegal to call people to do surveys or sell stuff after 8pm. I used to do sales and harass people at nite time with phone calls and doorknocks so i know how bad it is.

Believe it or not, i never had a person be rude to me.
thats cauz u drive a ford, we aren't ar**holes like some other car manufacturer drivers....
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
Circuit board dressups!

Jerry Seinfeld, in one episode, picks up the phone, hears someone ask if he wants to do a survey, says yes, and hangs up.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:06   #10 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Be prepared to get another call mate, they usually come within a couple of week's or so, I get them all the time, right when I'm sitting down for tea or relaxing, it's really anoying, next time I'm going to do the Jerry Seinfeild trick, "can I have your number and call you back, oh you probably don't like being called at home now you know how I feel" and then hang up.lol.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub