I hope this wasn't a FF member - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2002, 19:41   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down I hope this wasn't a FF member

Man killed for holding up traffic
September 2 2002

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...508162298.html

A man who held up traffic when he was dropped off at a Melbourne intersection has been stabbed to death in a road rage attack.

The victim suffered a single, fatal knife wound when he leaned through the car window of an irate driver with whom he remonstrated when the driver sounded his horn.

"Given the society we live in, it's a thing that people do - arm themselves," said Senior Sergeant Charlie Bezzina, a homicide detective. "It's a fact of life."

Police have the partial registration of a metallic-silver EL or EF Ford and are checking registration records.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2002, 19:45   #2 (permalink)
gone

Is the thread title suposed to be funny?

A guy lost his life!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 19:58   #3 (permalink)

No Laminge, it wasn't meant as humour, hence the thumbs down smilie.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 20:06   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

This is very serious. But I wonder how many times the killer was involved in minor road rage scuffles before he/she ended up actually going this far.

Even if they get them, count on a minor sentence......

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 23:33   #5 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

It would be nice to hear the otherside of the story though dont you think??? What was the guy doing hanging out of their window anyway??? Sure they stopped traffic and someone got annoyed and tooted at them. I wouldn't go and try to talk to them, i'd hurry up and get on my way so that they could also. What did this guy do?? He went up and started having words to them, found himself leaning in their window and then he was stabbed. I know this is a serious offence that is becoming way too common these days, but do you think it may have been prevoked???

BTW my car is red before anyone gets any ideas...
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 23:58   #6 (permalink)
Formerly ELGhiaFury

Jase has a point, The guy was apparently sticking his head in the guys window, even though stabbing might not be the answer, people do do things out of fear, its one of out greatest motivators. For all we know the victim may have grabbed the guy around the neck......we just don't know....either way....it's pretty scary, the last thing we want is to have to walk around stapped to feel safe
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 23:59   #7 (permalink)
Formerly ELGhiaFury

uh yeah...red here also!
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 01:10   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Hey Guys,

On another note, would this mean that all Silver EL Falcons in Victoria will be checked? Like what happened in the Silk/Miller murders, all blue late model Hyundai Excels were checked.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:01   #9 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Uh, guys... The article says the person who was dropped off (who held up the traffic) stuck his head into the window of the car that honked at him. The driver of that car didn't get out and start abusing him after honking him.

Tell you what, if someone stuck their head in my face while I'm in my car then they'd definitely come off worse for wear. Alive I grant you, but in pain nonetheless.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:24   #10 (permalink)
Stand clear: 5.0 in use!

I always keep my windows up and the doors locked when I'm driving alone at night. After all the stories of car-jacking at traffic lights, I'd rather err on the side of caution. (Hey, how many XR-kitted purple EF V8 Ghias do you see around? It's an attractive target!)

I suggest you guys do the same, no matter how tough you think you are...:s5

I don't care how threatened or provoked someone might feel, pulling out a knife or even beating someone senseless is unacceptable. Cars can be replaced, lives cannot.

Mike

EF Fairmont Ghia, Bordeaux Purple, 5.0 Windsor, Crane cam, ChipTorque modded ECU, full XR bodykit, 16 inch XR8 alloys, 2.5 inch dropped Tickford suspension, full grey leather trim with chrome, woodgrain and lots of lights, climate control, ABS, Premium sound, trip computer, power everything

I can't get enough of this!
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub