I NEED SOME ADVICE!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2002, 11:32   #1 (permalink)
jaymz

I NEED SOME ADVICE!!!

hey dudes!! heres my thing... i am turning 18 soon, and i am trying to save about 2 grand for my first car...and i know 2 grand aint shit blah blah, but anyways, my dad knows this guy who owns a car yard and he usually sells cars he gets ordered for just a little over the wholesale price he got it for, so thus making 2 grand go a little further possibly getting a good decent car (maybe) for that price. anyways... even if i can't do that, SHOULD I BOTHER WITH AN EA FOR 2 GRAND, or stick with my first idea and just get a vk commodore for 2grand. anyways any help would be appreciated.

I test drove a EA 88 single point, for 2 grand from a sale yard last week and it was ****in sweet as, a little bit rough in some places, but all in all ****ing great, it drove real well. The only reason i can work out it was so cheap was coz it had 255,000 ks on it, and also SOLD AS IS (NO WARRANTY AND SHIT)

anyways, ea's look sweet as, and if i can find one for around $2000, should i???????????????

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2002, 12:06   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

From what I am seeing, the prices of EAs is basically nothing these days. 2 grand should get a decent CFI 3.9 EA Falcon GL or even a Fairmont if you shop around - and it would be better than a VK is almost every conceivable way.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 13:27   #3 (permalink)

EA would be better. the vk's arnt that good, fuel injected 202's just suck. they break nearly as much as vl's.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 14:22   #4 (permalink)
ben

come 12 months of owning it you'll find you be alot cheaper to buy an EA falcon than a VK holden, its also a much nicer and better looking car.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 14:26   #5 (permalink)
jaymz

cool thanks!!!

ok cool thanks guys!! that helps....so u reckon ea's are better than vn's????? i dunno!! ea's don't get too much good word......until i came on here, and this is real good to see.
Old 04-01-2002, 17:42   #6 (permalink)

Re: cool thanks!!!

They are much better than VKs, however I wouldn't go as far as saying they are better than VNs. An EA will consume more fuel, be much slower 0-100 (auto) and they don't exactly offer more refinement or anything like that. EAs are still good value for money. Also keep in mind that any VN you find for $2000 is going to be extremely rough.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 22:55   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

..."don't exactly offer more refinement or anything like that".

Mate, I think you'll find that the EA is from another planet to the VN as far as refinement goes. :)

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 04-02-2002, 07:02   #8 (permalink)

Umm, yeah sorry. what I was trying to express was that the build quality for both cars is quite dodgy. I guess refinement wasn't the term I was looking for. Both cars have issues. My dad got a brand new VN in 1990 and it didn't hold up very well for the three years of ownership. And believe me, none of dads cars have ever been treated harshly at all.

The VN can't be that bad a car, after all it won Wheels car of the year in 1988...

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 10:00   #9 (permalink)
94ED

Jamez,

oi dood the vk aint fuel injected, only the calais was. The bog standard vk has a computer controlled carby, and the worst motor holden ever built, the black motor!!!

my sister has a bunky vk, and she hates it!!!

Get an ea!!

paul
Old 04-02-2002, 10:27   #10 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Kenaz, the VN certainly did win COTY, but personally I disagree with the decision.

It was apparently the world's fastest family car when new according to Wheels. Trouble is, they were much lighter cars than the EA. By now, to quote Which Car mag from memory, VN bodies "vary from loose to very loose". So all of a sudden the EA's weight is a good thing...

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub