I need some inspiring - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 04:41   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

I need some inspiring

ok fellas, dont know if you have noticed but at the moment I am trying to figure out what car to get next. Now this car will most likely be financed at this stage and I am looking at the cars that are in my sig.

Anyway, I am starting to have second thoughts about spending around $20k. So ive been thinking that Id love to stick to a falcon, but it cannot be old and must be in top nick with low k's, and of course manual.

So Ive been pondering about an EL XR6. From what ive seen they seem to be goibng for around $12-15k which siuts me better. I was just wondering how many member have them and what can you tell me? Also if you have pics of your rides that would be great.

Thanks guys.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2004, 04:50   #2 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

Re: I need some inspiring

Hmmm, id go a AU XR6 vct, gives u a relativly new car, with low kays, and you should have a little left over to start modding. Otherwise, if you wat to saty Eseries, and really mod, then the EL XR6 is he way to go.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:07   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I wouldn't bother with the VCT unless you plan on keeping it stock. Apparently they are hard as hell to get any extra power out of.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:09   #4 (permalink)

I was like you when i was looking for my XR6 it had to be manual, in top-nick and have low km's. I ended up getting a 1996 EF 5spd XR6 with a perfect body (only one little scratch on the left sideskirt) no dents or chips and the interior is as good as the outside, it also had below 110 000km and extra goodies like full factory bodykit, dual airbags, rims etc and the price i paid matched the condition the of the car. So basically you're looking at 14-17k for a good EF/EL XR6, i looked at a few of the cheaper ones around the 11-13k mark but they have no extra's, usually high km's, are auto and 2 of the XR's i looked at were recorded by Vicroads as repairable write-offs. So take your time, spend the extra money and you'll have a damn sexy XR6!

Oh yea my car came with whats listed below, here some pics.....

Old 05-02-2004, 07:24   #5 (permalink)
{';'}

EL Fairy Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:44   #6 (permalink)
R.I.P S/C EBII Fairmont

Yeah mate, I second the EL Ghia! They are one sexy looking car, have full leather and a nice stereo standard. If you're lucky you might find one with decent rims, sunroof and bodykit. There's a supercharged 5L EL Ghia going for sale here in Perth for $20k (I think he started at $25k but he's reduced it). Apparently it has 270kW. I'm not sure if that's flywheel or rear wheel, but it's impressive nonetheless. You can pick up standard, low km 4L Ghia's for around the 12-14k mark, without a worry. Personally, they look better and have a much better interior than the XR's. The 4L has the same engine as the EL XR6 too.
j_biafra88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 17:04   #7 (permalink)

depending on what exactly you're after, i'd go EL Ghia or EL XR6 Manual. If you're happy with an auto, deff go the Ghia, but if u must have manual, go the manual.

unless ofcourse if u wanna get an AU, then everything changes
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:18   #8 (permalink)
FPVWEPN

how bout an el2 xr8???? if u can find one real cheap coz they do fetch a bit more as they have the au motor in them
King Springs Superlows, K-mac camber-castor kit, colour coded interior, AU3 Xr8 Snorkle, K&N pod Filter, Deribbed Air Box, AutoLite Plugs, JMM Race Series Headers, High flow cat, 2.5 inch Redback exaust, 3" stainless steel intake, dev 5 cam, rollmaster timing gear, crow valve springs, stainless steel valves, dev 5 head, au headgasket, 4.11 LSD "174 rwks!!!"
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 20:00   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
EL Fairy Ghia
yeah I would get one no worries but unfortunatly everyone who wanted one are lazy arses who dont want manuals..a fairmont ghia manual would be awesome!...but to much hassle for me as I cant be bothered getting the extra $$$ for a conversion.

Anyone in the club done that yet BTW?

So yeah one of the reasons im upgrading is so i can have a manual, ive had an auto for nearly two years and thats enough.

FRD_PWR: that is a hot looking EF. Ive seen ef's with no body kit and they look a bit funny, dont know what it is but ef's need the kit IMO.

ELs for some reason just look right. An AU I would consider at the right price though.

Old 05-03-2004, 20:02   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
how bout an el2 xr8???? if u can find one real cheap coz they do fetch a bit more as they have the au motor in them
id love an 8..but not until I finish uni and get a steady job. They just seem to cost more dollars to run and maintain. But yeah if money wasn't an issue then it would be XR8 all the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub