Ideas for AV articles - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2002, 23:44   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Lightbulb Ideas for AV articles

When the VT came out Wheels got Holdon to build a LHD commode S which they took around the US and later Europe. They were good stories even though they were about a holden. I was thinking that a similar story about the AV woiuld be an even better read. I dunno how easy a LHD conversion on the AV would be, but even a RHD car would offer great story potential overseas. A few years back they tested a EF XR6 against euro sedans in england, and it was a great story (The XR kicked ass). I'm sure an AV XR6/8 would be even more capable, and a story about a blast from top to bottom of england would be a great read. Or maybe ship to japan, and match it up with the likes of Skyline GT's, Mazda RX-7s (or 8s if they're out by then), supras, chasers etc. It's a story I'd love to see told. I don't know if Geoff and the gang have something like this in the pipeline but if they don't they should, they make really memorable articles.
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2002, 00:13   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a great idea! I really enjoyed the article Motor did back in August of 2000. They took a HSV GTS 300 to the Nurburgring and compared it with the AMG E55 and BMW M5. That was the first issue of Motor I had ever bought and since then I haven't missed a copy. I still can't believe they declared it a better drivers car though... But then I haven't driven any of those fine cars, so what would I know?
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 00:16   #3 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

I think that one of the mags took an EL GT over to Europe, although I am not certain of it.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 00:56   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam W
I think that one of the mags took an EL GT over to Europe, although I am not certain of it.
yer that was wheels. They took it on the autobahn.
Tim_EF_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:02   #5 (permalink)
RACE

Yeah they did Adam. Peter Robinson was the one I think, took the GT for a wrap in the UK and in Germany.

Great idea HO. I guess it's time for a brain storm!!

My idea would be to take the XR8 or T-Series for timed laps around the Nurburgring similar to the GTS vs M5 vs E55 a few years ago. Along with some cruising on the German autobahns.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:17   #6 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Absolutely right. I posted similiar thoughts on this very thing many moons ago... now where did that thread go...

*pulls out mining equipment*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub