if ur thinking about a VX - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2001, 03:02   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

if ur thinking about a VX

take a look at this thread,

http://www.ls1.com/ls1forum/Forum29/HTML/004230.html
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2001, 03:18   #2 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

They ain't gonna get any sympathy from me. If you're stupid enough to buy a Holden, you deserve what you get. BTW Einstein, it's Azzurro, not Asurra; and they're on the TE not TS.
And for that bloke who reckons his HSV gets more looks than a 996 Carrera; Yeah right!!!! Must have been a bad taste convention going on at that intersection.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 03:29   #3 (permalink)
The Third Power

the grass aint greener on the other side

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...?threadid=8395

what we really need is lemon laws similar to what the US has
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 03:34   #4 (permalink)

Okay, I'll admit I had a tongue in cheek go at the General, and no manufacturer is perfect although some are better than others (take that as you please. lol), but the thread you've cited demonstrates the dodgy nature of dealerships, not the car/ute itself. And yes, there should be lemon laws such as those in the US.
Old 12-01-2001, 03:47   #5 (permalink)
The Third Power

Im not sure the thread indicates that at all, I know heaps of guys that are shit hot happy with there VXs.

All it indicates is a lemon is a lemon and we need our motoring bodies and lobby groups to support the consumers and get the government to introduce relevant legislation.

Im sick of seeing the Government cow toe to car manufacturers everytime they threaten to pull out of the country, maybe a bit of the public money that goes into these deals should be backed up by more consumer protection and pushed by the motoring bodies that we seem so gladly to depart our hard earned with.
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 03:57   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by strife
Im not sure the thread indicates that at all, I know heaps of guys that are shit hot happy with there VXs.

All it indicates is a lemon is a lemon and we need our motoring bodies and lobby groups to support the consumers and get the government to introduce relevant legislation.

Im sick of seeing the Government cow toe to car manufacturers everytime they threaten to pull out of the country, maybe a bit of the public money that goes into these deals should be backed up by more consumer protection and pushed by the motoring bodies that we seem so gladly to depart our hard earned with.
You won't hear an argument on what you've just written from me.
At the end of the day, it is the consumers such as you and I whom require protection from shoddy practices.

Please understand, I'm not having a go at you or Holden people in general, but the record of VT/VX is pretty poor pertaining to build quality, etc. Didn't Hanennberger shut down the plant for a day a while back and order the workers to get their shit together? Fords have their dramas; don't get me wrong, but Holden is fairing a fair degree worse in the build quality stakes it seems.
Old 12-01-2001, 06:46   #7 (permalink)

in all honesty, i've heard of more holden drivers with problems than ford drivers. most problems ford owners have had are dealership-related, rather than manufacturing faults. the truth is, fords are better quality cars!

some of you may say, but it's not all cars that are having problems. fair enough, but there appear to be more lemons in the holden camp than ford camp!
Old 12-02-2001, 01:04   #8 (permalink)
evil_weevil

Thumbs up

from what i have heard and read, ford has a better build quality!

but i have also heard alot of great reports from VT/VX owners!

i will soon find out when i purchase my VT!

strife - on the ball there mate
Old 12-02-2001, 04:25   #9 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

I particularly like venomxr's reply

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 04:52   #10 (permalink)
Veteran revhead

Read

I have said it before, and will say it again, the Falcon is and has been for some time, built to a higher standard. My 8 year lod Fairmont was as tight as a drum compared to the VT!

This guy must have a serious lemon though. My GenIII has been hammered, first by the piggers and now by me :s5 and I havent had any problems with it (touch wood).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub