I'm Really Getting Depressed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2001, 20:17   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I'm Really Getting Depressed

This damn car of mine. I am really getting depressed about how I am paying through my teeth to have the piece of cr@p sitting in a workshop and never getting to drive it. And I'm not jesting here. It is really getting me down.

Like since I took delivery August, it has been almost 4 months to the day. If I've actually had the car for one entire month out of the four I'd probably be exaggerating. Work it out:

3 months cost
Rego $125
Insurance $500
Finance costs $1125
Depreciation costs $2750 (at least!)
TOTAL at LEAST $4500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a certain workshop reckon the damn car is costing them money!

All I get is misery from these high performance cars. I'm that closing to selling this piece of junk after the insurance scum I'm dealing with...... Thinking of a stock LS1 SS. Seriously!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2001, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Give it a rest Pete.

You go and throw money around on mods that most of us only dream about. You don't/can't perform the mods yourself so you pay a workshop to do them, I'm OK with that but don't go bitchin that it then takes time - they probably have other customers too - perhaps ones that don't keep changing the specs on them.

Then you have a tissy fit cause getting insurance is a bit difficult - like that was never gunna happen. So your thinkin' about throwing the towel in and buying a stocker - from Holden. After you have been glowing in praise for the way Ford have looked after you etc. etc.

GROW UP BOY!
Old 12-05-2001, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Re: I'm Really Getting Depressed

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
All I get is misery from these high performance cars. I'm that closing to selling this piece of junk after the insurance scum I'm dealing with...... Thinking of a stock LS1 SS. Seriously!
Seriously mate, do you think that a stock LS1 SS will solve your problems? Will you enjoy the questionable handling? Will you enjoy the diminished build quality? And who is to say that a stock LS1 SS won't cost you every bit as much in terms of time off the road, and insurance / rego / etc. ???

The downtime you've had is a real bitch, no doubt. You have payed the money, and as busy as Herrod is, they still have the obligation of getting your pride and joy on the road. Talk / harrass / do what it takes mate to get them to get it singing again. You have payed the cash, the ball is in their court.
Old 12-05-2001, 20:28   #4 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Yeah, but you can't blame the bloke for being frustrated.

Do whatever makes you happy AP, if that means LS1, then so be it.

Just don't leave this forum.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 20:35   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Re: I'm Really Getting Depressed

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
This damn car of mine. I am really getting depressed about how I am paying through my teeth to have the piece of cr@p sitting in a workshop and never getting to drive it. And I'm not jesting here. It is really getting me down.

Like since I took delivery August, it has been almost 4 months to the day. If I've actually had the car for one entire month out of the four I'd probably be exaggerating. Work it out:

3 months cost
Rego $125
Insurance $500
Finance costs $1125
Depreciation costs $2750 (at least!)
TOTAL at LEAST $4500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a certain workshop reckon the damn car is costing them money!

Remember what I said about pleasuring yourself with a magazine? Here's a practical application. Go down to the newsagents and buy a copy of one of those cars for sale catalogues and look at all the overpriced pieces of crap for sale and then be glad you'll get something tons better when baby eventually comes home. Unless of course estoppel applies.

Cheer up. It can't last forever.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 20:43   #6 (permalink)
BSR

I think i would be the same Pete, Mate it will be worth it in the end. Now as for those thoughts of buying at SS, i forgive you and be strong, may the Force be with you!

Now Raptor go easy on the bloke, i hate it when i loose my car overnight!!!!!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 20:50   #7 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

The prodigal son may return! :s2:

I hope that the situation picks up for you AP - I'd hate to be without my car for that kind of time ... (Oh, and I have to pay over $3000 for my insurnace, so I know your pain ...)
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 20:56   #8 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

QUOTE]Originally posted by XLR8
Now Raptor go easy on the bloke, i hate it when i loose my car overnight!!!!! [/QUOTE]

OK, so that was a bit strong. I've taken my meds now.
Old 12-05-2001, 20:58   #9 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Have you thought about bringing the car back to NSW and have MSV look at it so you don't have to be shipping the car and yourself interstate?
Old 12-05-2001, 20:58   #10 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RAPTOR
QUOTE]Originally posted by XLR8
Now Raptor go easy on the bloke, i hate it when i loose my car overnight!!!!!

OK, so that was a bit strong. I've taken my meds now.
[/QUOTE]

Bit confused here. I thought Meds were a feminine hygeine product. Hate to think what would happen if you swallowed one.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub