Increasing terrorist activity - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:23   #1 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Increasing terrorist activity

Well the world seems to be heating up big time. All over there seems to be terrorist attacks and plots, and all seem to stem from Al-Qaeda type militant muslims.

Russia has been getting alot of seemingly coordinated attacks lately, with 2 airplanes being bombed mid-air by 2 Chechen widow martyrs.

In the last couple of hours Chechen/Ingustanian terrorists seized a school in Ascusia in the Caucasus region and threatened to murder 50 children for every rebel killed.
They want other rebels released and are recieved support from Al-Qaeda.
Being Russian-born I find this pretty personal. What kind of scum uses children as hostages.

Jemaah *****ia documents were discovered in teh Phillipines recently, among them a training manual on how to manufacture and use chemical weapons. JI is teh local branch of Al-Qaeda and it is a well known fact that Australia is its main target.

Did anyone else hear that rumour about the planned attack on teh Rialto in Victoria? Apparently it was true as a Melbourne man is being charged with trying to do this as well kidnap Joseph Gutnick. The possible bombing of the 2000 Sydney Olympics was apparently discussed but cancelled for the negative public support it would bring.

The new form of warfare seems to be guerilla type combat and the new enemy is apparently militant muslim fundamentalists. The big question is, when will the attack on our country come? How will it impact us?
Traditionally weve enjoyed a pretty layed back atmosphere and havent been too strongly affected by overseas conflicts (Vietnam + Korea was excepted), but the War On Terror looks like an increasingly international conflict touching even our island.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2004, 06:45   #2 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Re: Increasing terrorist activity

I could say what I'd do to rid the world of Terrorism if I were in Mr. Vladimir Putin's position, but that wouldn't go down to nicely with the forum & my membership to it, so I'll remain quiet.

However, I will say, someone needs to act upon all this, and fast!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:50   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The thing with terrorists is anyone could be one. Any random person walking down the street.

My solution; open carry permits. You'd think tiwce if one in ten people in the street have a pistol hanging off their belt in full view.

Oh wait, guns owners are psychos. I spose that's why there are mass shootouts in the streets in Arizona where you don't even need a permit to open carry.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:52   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I could say what I'd do to rid the world of Terrorism if I were in Mr. Vladimir Putin's position, but that wouldn't go down to nicely with the forum & my membership to it, so I'll remain quiet.

However, I will say, someone needs to act upon all this, and fast!
Yeah I know what you are on about. But what to do? I hate to say it but I dont think we will ever beat them. Im not a defeatist, but serious, I think we need to try something different. Sounds arty farty but can we forever go on trying to hunt them down just so "they" hate us more?

I just dont know what to do.

But what I do know is that id love to give a terrorist a might kick to the nuts before they were to be executed...cartman style!...Ill leave it at that.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:54   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho chicken
The thing with terrorists is anyone could be one. Any random person walking down the street.

My solution; open carry permits. You'd think tiwce if one in ten people in the street have a pistol hanging off their belt in full view.

Oh wait, guns owners are psychos. I spose that's why there are mass shootouts in the streets in Arizona where you don't even need a permit to open carry.
I said id leave it I know...but more people having guns is not the solution. Give me one example when this has worked?

EDIT: You will have people going around shooting other just because they look like a terrorist. Also, whats the point in shooting a suicide bomber after his dead? :/

Old 09-01-2004, 06:59   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Already did

Arizona has a way lower crime rate than any state in the US that doesn't allow open carry. Sure it's a deterant to criminals and maybe it won't be as good against suicide bombers and the like. But it'll sure as hell stop the shit totally hitting the fan.

I personally think it's the best solution for the pure fact anyone is potentially a terrorist. You can not fight terrorism like a conventional war, you wouldn't have enough troops to keep the peace. So do the next best thing; improvise greater troop numbers.

You wouldn't have people randomly shooting people just because they are a terrorist. For starters someone else would probably stop you in your tracks.

So it's not a perfect solution to suicide bombers. But what is?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:08   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho chicken
Already did

Arizona has a way lower crime rate than any state in the US that doesn't allow open carry. Sure it's a deterant to criminals and maybe it won't be as good against suicide bombers and the like. But it'll sure as hell stop the shit totally hitting the fan.

I personally think it's the best solution for the pure fact anyone is potentially a terrorist. You can not fight terrorism like a conventional war, you wouldn't have enough troops to keep the peace. So do the next best thing; improvise greater troop numbers.

You wouldn't have people randomly shooting people just because they are a terrorist. For starters someone else would probably stop you in your tracks.

So it's not a perfect solution to suicide bombers. But what is?
Ok we should probably start another thread...buuuuut

What happens if someone sees a "terrorist" doing something, pulls out a gun and starts shooting. Then all the other people open up and before you know it people are shooting each other because they dont know whos on whos side.

I know I asked for an example but america is an exception, there is always one. Guns are in Amercia because unfortunaly thats there culture. I hope that it never happens down here because we are more civilised than that (sorry if I offended some yanks :/).

There are some nut jobs out there, its not the guns fault I know (similar case with hi-po cars and unexperienced drivers); but why give them the right to be able to carry a firearm when there is no need.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:12   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

There may not be a need now, but when JI are within our borders, there will be a need for something.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:13   #9 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Isn't there a town in the USA that requires, by law, that everyone 18 own a gun, own a carry licence, and carry it with them everywhere loaded? The idea is, no crime. What kind of moron would rob a store full of people with guns? Try to mug someone in a street full of people with guns? etc
Old 09-01-2004, 07:14   #10 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Oh and for the record, guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub