Info on Quiktrack wanted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2002, 15:11   #1 (permalink)

Info on Quiktrack wanted

Has anyone got Quicktrack on their car or know someone that does? Good or bad? Worth it? What's their web address?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2002, 15:25   #2 (permalink)

Falchoon

www.quiktrak.com.au

You could also try one of the Rex club sites for user info as AAMI were insisting on it for Sydney based Rex insurance a couple of years back.
AJ's XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 15:42   #3 (permalink)
SM

You might want to check AP's opinion of this product, his experience with his GTS-R and Quik Trak was a rib tickler!!
http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...light=quiktrak
Old 12-10-2002, 17:56   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8SAM
You might want to check AP's opinion of this product, his experience with his GTS-R and Quik Trak was a rib tickler!!
http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...light=quiktrak
Yeah. It's a fine product alright.

Some more experiences in the early days of QuikTrak:

1. Fellow HSV owner calls them up and asks where he is. They say Anzac Parade Kensington. He's not amused as he walks outside his house to check that his garage hasn't moved without him knowing - he's in Sydney's far western suburbs. That's over 40km from QuikTrak's version!

2. Another HSV owner thought they were going mad because every time they went back to their car at work it was unlocked. Had a locksmith check it over, went to Holden. All was okay. Then, watching their car with intimate detail they literally watched it unlock itself - they worked at a hospital and interference was unlocking the car!

3. Other faults also turned up and QuikTrak regularly sent letters to owners advising of upgrades to fix the problems. Only it was user pays and with some items like battery upgrades the cost of the system quickly escalated

4. I watched one evening as a dickwad from QuikTrak stood up in front of a car owner's club meeting and tried to sell the system. he'd forgotten the last time he came over and how many people signed up only to find what a stinking disaster the system was. A case of them using us as guinea pigs to develop the product. The meeting required intervention when so many ownbers stood up and complained - it was a literal slanging and shouting match.

QuikTrak - steer clear mate!

NOTE:
My comments are based on experiences with the system in its first 18 months or two years. If QuikTrak can PROVE they've addressed all the issues it might be a good thing! I doubt it though

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 18:17   #5 (permalink)

Thanks AJ's XR & Aus Pete!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 12-10-2002, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
plarsson

Now I know you guys will think I'm biased. As I look after the Quiktrak Network as a Technician (not the cars but).

Needless to say yes in the early days there was a bit of over enthusiasm but these days with over 9000 cars in Sydney alone and quite a number of low life scumbags caught and put away.

Its not for everybody, but if you've spent hard earned dollars on something special then it will give you a better chance of hanging onto it. Better still perhaps catching the sod who is trying to make off with your toy.

Most insurance companies will give you a discount to have it fitted. Though once you have had it fitted don't try and scam the insurance company cos that won't work.

Have a look at the website, www.quiktrak.com.au or ring the contact number on the site.

Now I'll stand back and wait for you guys to take pot shots at me.
Old 12-10-2002, 18:54   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by plarsson
Now I'll stand back and wait for you guys to take pot shots at me.
Why should we? I stated my facts and experiences and if you can tell me I can't find the box in a car within 15 seconds (I use a Commodore as an example) and have the system disabled within 3 minutes then things have changed for the better.

I know the weaknesses of the system which I believe are substantial. However, in respect of those that have this system I'm not going to say how it's done. Suffice to say my friend was absolutely amazed when I found his by lifting a few pieces of trim.

At the end of the day it buys more time, however I consider it to be poor value. There's better to be had.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 19:20   #8 (permalink)
plarsson

Just for you, I'll ask those that know these things here and maybe get you some answers.
Old 12-11-2002, 16:13   #9 (permalink)

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 12-11-2002, 16:28   #10 (permalink)
gone

Dude

In recent days i have been hearing stuff that the system has been beaten.

I heard this about the carcom a while ago and yo and behold, they ran out of stock and changed supplier

Install is the key word, I would be prepared to leave my car with them for 2 days, but want the challenge of finding the devices after install.

At the end of the day, a pager alarm might be the go, saves on the anual costs
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub