Insurance!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2002, 18:44   #1 (permalink)

Insurance!!!!!

ive just been on the phone for 45 mins to the dipwit insurance tele-operator.

my policy renewal came in today!...it has increased by $100 bucks per year for my agreed value full comp policy, yet they have reduced my value to 17,310..including all options listed on the policy.(last year was 18,480)

$800 bucks a year for a rating 1, 26 year old, with perfect driving history and no speeding offences.

I have my stereo,bodykit, wheels and exhaust listed on the policy

they said last year my policy would reduce because I had fitted an immbiliser/alarm, clublock etc..

does this sound right to you?..

SCAM artists!!, I am sick of racv...who is everyone else in Melb insured with?..
Full Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2002, 18:56   #2 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

What sort of car do you have? I am with RACV, they are the only ones that would insure me. I'm 22 years old, automatic rating 2 cos of my mum, paying $1200 a year for my car, and it's insured full comp. at $30,500. I'd lost my licence on my p's too, but now I just have the extra excess. My 1st policy renewal is coming up in August, they better not screw me around.
Old 06-20-2002, 19:02   #3 (permalink)
gone

Im with Elders!

But they will not touch you unless you insure house as well!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 19:13   #4 (permalink)

thanks guys..

I have started shopping around, and got a big shock from shannons, I was expecting them to be alot dearer though as they insure high risk vehicles...

I just dont feel confident that I will be refunded with the same level of audio gear, wheels etc if they were stolen...

there is so many loopholes in their pissy little text!
Old 06-20-2002, 19:36   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Shannons have been advertising heaps lately... with Mr Gogo-mobile.

I've heard of people use them but thought they were for older or different cars to the mainstream.

What is so tricky in their wording that makes you sus?
Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 20:37   #6 (permalink)
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC

i have my xr8 insured with nrma with engine mods and stereo system all on the policy.pay approx $1200 per year.been with them for 10 years, but then still reduced my agreed value by about $2000 dollars this year ,to about $38,500. they will not even keep the agreed value at a higher amount even with me wanting to pay a higher premium.i quess i have to cop it on the chin because not many insurers will insure a modified v8 these days especially in city areas due to the risk involved.. might have to check out shannons.

5 speed xr8 ,silouette in colour,17in tickford 5 spokes , momo steering wheel and momo gear knob. twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust with race magnum mufflers. custom stereo system.
DXR88U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 20:57   #7 (permalink)

go with Just Car Insurance... they tend not to f*ck you around and they take into consideration mods done on cars.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 21:27   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Allianz here - have found them to be no drama, don't seem to fussed by most mods and I pay about $560 a year on the T and a bit more on the Cougar.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 21:51   #9 (permalink)

Allianz - they just send dead people bills for accidents that were't their fault.:err:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 23:03   #10 (permalink)

ok guys after some shopping around here is my findings..

RACV still work out to be the cheapest, as I have insured with them for 8 years now, including house contents, roadside assist etc...I am rating 1, with no speeding fines loss of license etc...

I liked the policy Just cars offered, but it was $200 a year more than racv, and included extra exesses apon making a claim...standard exess was 400...in addition there was a 45o exess for the type of car (risk)..and a 600 extra exess if it was for the rims or audio being stolen...

the upside of just cars and shannons was that they arent concerned with the type of mods done to your car, as long as they have been notified of them, and are legal and roadworthy..

I got a quote for my car as is and it came to $1061...with the above mentioned exesses...but..If i added a supercharger or turbo at a later date, it would only increase my policy premium by 10%...!!!!..
but they could only insure on market value, and then take all of the mods and options into consideration to come to an agreed price..which was a maximum 17,000 for me..(not enough).

very good policy for guys wanting to go nuts on mods...but not for me at this time...

also try AAMI as they are the brokers for Just cars, and may even be cheaper.

looks like I am shafted to stick with racv..might have to negotiate upping my agreed value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub