Insurance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2001, 17:50   #1 (permalink)

eek Insurance

Over the last couple of nights on Today Tonight they had a couple of stories on GIO insurance that weren't paying out on claims. The first one involved this young guy (early twenties I suppose) bought a car for around $12,000 and went to insure it. GIO asked about police fines and he told them he had three, listed them on the policy, paid his money and received cover. A year goes past and it's renewal time. Again the guy pays the money and gets what he thought was insurance cover. A couple of months later he has a bingle and writes the car off.:( GIO wouldn't pay up because he got another speeding fine (forgot to tell GIO) during the time between when he first got insurance and when he crashed.
The other story was with a woman that had her car insured (with GIO again) and she went to claim for a bingle (write-off) and they refused to pay out cause they reckon her BF or husband was a "regular" driver (more than 8 times a year I think is their definition of regular) and wasn't nominated on the policy. Not sure if he was actually driving when the bingle happened (probably was I guess) but she claims that he very rarely drove the car because he has one of his own. She was going around getting stat decs etc from all her friends/relos/neighbours to say this. GIO generously agreed to "review" the claim, only after it had been crucified on primetime TV.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2001, 17:55   #2 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Don't get me started on insurance companies... :fmad:

All I can say is these cases don't surprise me.

:o
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 18:15   #3 (permalink)
GTHO4

All you need is to forget one very tiny detail to mention on the policy and that is all it's needed for an insurance company not to pay you for your claims.
Although they have no trouble or excuses to take your money.

MONGRELS! :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:
Old 08-30-2001, 01:37   #4 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Would you believe I have had some luck with NRMA lately.

NRMA were charging me $1,200 a year for a car(ebii gli) worth $10,000 (I am 23).

I went to the NRMA site a did a quote for comprehensive insurace, it had been 3 years since my last claim so I put in the details and it came out I should be paying $400 a year and have 40%NCB. Went to the NRMA office they sorted it all out I now I pay $330 a year for a $11,000 car(same car). and got a refund check for $300, and because of the mistake they made I will get a 50%NCB next year in stead of 40%.

Has the world gone mad!!...lol
Old 08-30-2001, 02:48   #5 (permalink)
BSR

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Would you believe I have had some luck with NRMA lately.

NRMA were charging me $1,200 a year for a car(ebii gli) worth $10,000 (I am 23).

I went to the NRMA site a did a quote for comprehensive insurace, it had been 3 years since my last claim so I put in the details and it came out I should be paying $400 a year and have 40%NCB. Went to the NRMA office they sorted it all out I now I pay $330 a year for a $11,000 car(same car). and got a refund check for $300, and because of the mistake they made I will get a 50%NCB next year in stead of 40%.

Has the world gone mad!!...lol
Good on ya........now what part of your car are you going to spend that $300 cheque on??

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 15:00   #6 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Well I don't think I got a good deal I used the cheque and had to put bit to that to buy one of those red stickers with a big 2002 on it.(rego)
Old 08-30-2001, 16:27   #7 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

I bought my first car at 20 (89 VN Exec V6) for $5,000. I had a quote from AAMI for comprehensive insurnace, and they wanted $2,650 a year ... for a 5000 buck car ... :eek:

Still paying $1,800 on my VT ... blech :(
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 16:37   #8 (permalink)
BSR

im insured with Royal Sun alliance and i pay $700 on a AU XR8 (over 25 with full no cliams)

no one comes any where near that quote!!!!!
They offer pay by the month etc........

go to

www.anz.com.au

and then to the insurance link

12/03 FPV GT 725
Old 08-30-2001, 17:41   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Albert - Well done mate! That is good news. I will have to re-check my NRMA policy but I think that yours might be cheaper, though I have stereo and wheels included which probably explains the difference. Did you know you can get an extra 10% off by joining NRMA Road Service? Of couse Road Service costs extra, probably more than what you save on your premium but if your car breaks down (runs out of fuel, flat battery included) it's worth it I suppose.

XLR8 - That's an excellent deal! Hope there are no hidden catches, it pays to read ALL the fine print very CAREFULLY.:eek:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 19:39   #10 (permalink)
BSR

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon

XLR8 - That's an excellent deal! Hope there are no hidden catches, it pays to read ALL the fine print very CAREFULLY.:eek: [/B]

Mate, i have read the small print!!!...........i would check NRMA, GIO for catches too.......

12/03 FPV GT 725
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub