Insurance help please - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 00:10   #1 (permalink)
EB2 Fairmont owner

Insurance help please

Howdy all, I'm just wondering how much ppl pay for their car insurance with similar car/situation as myself. Im nearly 21, no claims, been on my parents rating 1 with racv for 2.5 years. I'll be off my P's in May.

I drive an EBII Fairmont, and I need an insurer that will allow me to have modifications (wheels, suspension, exhaust, etc). I'm asking this because I have found some awesome rims but dont want to void my insurance or find myself up shit creek without a paddle if i was to make a claim.

Yeah so anyone with a similar age please give me some advice as to the best place to go!

By the way Shannons quoted me $3200 for full comp today! :)
blueovaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2002, 00:17   #2 (permalink)

I thought I was being ripped.

I've got a 97 EL Futura, and pay $800 1/2 yearly. I'm 22 yo and have a horrific driving history. I only got insurance as a favour for my boss. Just goes to show you gotta know people....

I can only suggest that you tell the insurance company the mods planned, and see if they will still honour a claim. But make sure you get a new certificate with the mods on it.
Old 12-04-2002, 00:21   #3 (permalink)

well i am 21 and ordered my turbo ute and got a quote from ford insurance for $940 or something like that... not sure what they will let me do in terms of modifications and if they'll accept old cars or just newly bought cars
but for those buying a new ford, i reckon go for ford insure
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 00:28   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

i'm 22 and pay 740 for my BA XT, just has sports suspension and 17 inch rims...hmmm mate i know how u feel i was in that state a while back!!! good luck with it anyway
Old 12-04-2002, 01:49   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Believe it or not NRMA are one of the best when it comes to insuring cars with mods. Ford insure are another one to look at.

Most insurance companies don't mind mods, they do have rules of course and as long as you are up front with them there is no problems.

Things like wheels, most except that as long as you don't do over the largest optional size for the make you are fine. Exhausts are usually not to be over 2.5" larger than the original fit.

As long as you are honest with them you'll be right.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:56   #6 (permalink)
SM

How did you go with the SVO 9" rims and insurance Jamie??
Old 12-04-2002, 02:10   #7 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8SAM
How did you go with the SVO 9" rims and insurance Jamie??
My insurance company said that they were fine as the rims are not more than an inch larger than the largest original fit.

I'd love to go with Ford insure, but this mob I'm with debit from my pay every fortnight so I don't miss the money.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:43   #8 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

When i had my ED Futura last year i was 20, i had lowered, 16" mags, full zorst system, insured $3000 stereo gear, and i paid $495 per year with NRMA (RACV) and were fine with the mods. I am now 21 and the XR8 cost me $1164 a year to insure with the same mob for $44000. Thats the only thing i am looking forward to in the next 6 years, CHEAPER INSURANCE !!!
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 13:22   #9 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

You could try a broker, i know they are a little more but they get you the best deal, I am 21 and it cost about $500 to insure the EA which is better than RACV, AAMI etc quote.
Old 12-04-2002, 13:54   #10 (permalink)
BA at last

Try Just Car Insurance. They are underwritten by AAMI but will insure customers that AAMI don't want to touch.

Might be worth a shot.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub