Insurance - Modified Cars !! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2001, 22:06   #1 (permalink)
gone

Tongue Insurance - Modified Cars !!

Well

Just got my insurance renewal in the mail, $2,700 - %134 increase from last year.

Well Ford, when are you going to get your act together and start your own insurance underwritting???

Anyhows I rang Tourque Underwritting and got a quote on the XR $1100.00

Gues who i am going to insure my car with?

Who do you use?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2001, 22:14   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

Gotta ask.. what the christ is the go with insurance companies these days??.. You drive a decent car and they sting you for it. Doesn't matter a pinch of sh!t that you have sat tracking in it, a hungry rotty at each wheel ready to pounce on any theiving pr!cks.. and an alarm loud enough to shatter windows in a 14 mile radius.. you still drive a nice car.. here's your bill.. :fmad: C'mon Ford.. where's this Ford Insure we keep reading about.. How about rates for enthuisiasts??..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 22:53   #3 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Re: Insurance - Modified Cars !!

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by laminge
Who do you use?
We had insurance for our 'special' car through Unique, but wouldn't rercommend them. Spoke to Shannons at the Melbourne Motor Show (took the Unique renewal notice with us) and they happily matched the price and suggested a range of options for us. Our bill isn't nearly as scary as yours but we are covered for limited use of the car. Suits us, we only drive it occasionally anyway.

Our daily drivers we insure through whoever is the cheapest.

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 23:34   #4 (permalink)

Seems insurance is on the way up across the board no matter what you drive. I had a $100 increase and I questioned them on it. They knocked 50 off just because I pulled them up over it.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 23:35   #5 (permalink)
BSR

what is Ford Insure????...all over ftr cars

i had heard it was to help younger blokes get into XR's, but i cant find anything of the web

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 23:46   #6 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

I was reading wheels the other day, and it seems that all over the U.S the insurance premiums are dropping - because the government took the blanket 55mp/h speed limit off their highways.

But the pigs here won't do that, its too good a business to increase the speedlimits, so they won't get as much money back. But in the west, theyre going to consider lowering the highway limit to 100km/h. I know for a fact that no-one will do that ridiculously low limit, and if they do, then we're strangely going to see all of these driver fatigue advertising campaigns.

heres a better idea - have a system where you take your car over the pits for an inspection, you can get a special window sticker thats different from your rego sticker, that certifies that your vehicle is capable of safely doing something like 150 km/h. You pay the transport dept some money for this sticker, then youre allowed to do the higher limit safely. But then again, speeding tickets are more profitable...
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 23:49   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8
what is Ford Insure????...all over ftr cars

i had heard it was to help younger blokes get into XR's, but i cant find anything of the web
And that seems to be the problem. I hope they get their act together by the next time I go to buy a new Ford.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 00:00   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
And that seems to be the problem. I hope they get their act together by the next time I go to buy a new Ford.
Here.. Here.. Anything that'll help me get into the seat of an XR8 is good news.. The money for the house is nearly sorted.. Car's next.. Insurance is another matter all together..
If the insurance kills me then it'll be a bit more of a wait..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 00:20   #9 (permalink)

We have it cheap compared to the US, for a Mustang or Camaro youd be looking at US$200 a month or so, and yes thats over $4000 a year in the Aussie dollar.

The UK is similar if my memory is correct, about 2000 Pounds a year for just a Focus or similar.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 02:10   #10 (permalink)
gone

Yeah

but we dont have tyre blowouts on every 2nd car!!

laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub