Interesting - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2002, 05:44   #1 (permalink)

Interesting

i quoted this from another forum!:)

For any one that want's to know I work at the company that provides OEM exhaust systems for all 4 car manufatures in AUS.
Ford have had us testing exhausts for them for the last 7months in prep for the Barra they've changed everything but the doors on the car . The test cars they gave us had all the AU panels and interia but the new DOHC cam is a wet dream. Smoother than some of the BMW I6 motors our DEV section have got to drive!
The new suspendtion is straight from the Jags and allows massive power to the ground with out skipping and traction control. The Falcon's getting a full stainless system and we were told to get max power figures and than just make it quite.
The most we got from the flywheel was 210kw from the standard Base model new motor but it was to loud so expect to see the car at around 175-192KW the turbo was easy to get massive power as the stock motor only runs around 5psi.We got just over 270kw with out anything but changed exhaust and boost up to 9psi. Expect that one at around 230kw.
The Mustang motors are more of a secret for some reason and our tech guys had to go to Ford melbourne to do the testing so I don't know what we'll see from those things.
The commie is going to get killed in performance untill the new engine plant gets going as we really can't get more than around 160kw NA with out reducing the reliability of the engine. To old a design and really get's asmatic if you rev it to high exactly the oposite to the Gen III really.
There is word of Holden uping the gears to 5 speed auto and 6 speed manual on the stocker commies so they can up the end gear ratio for quicker speed. Didn't get to see what holden are doing for the shape and style of the car for the next model. Most of the engineers seam to think all they can do is make more of the calais stuff standard on the Commie but Holden are really really scared of changing the shape much at all. They want the new monaro look on the next gen but there scared of having to remake the monaro so as not to piss off the current owners.
The main problem is that they don't want to do a Ford the au was a disaster and holden were actully prepared to copy the car in several respects had it not been such a failure.
I'll post this in the general section as well as most people would probably want to know.
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2002, 06:10   #2 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

Wow ! Interresting info there mate !
My old man works at Adrien Brian Ford, I can't wait till he brings
home a barra, let alone a TXR6 !!!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:46   #3 (permalink)

i know! what gets me is it being smoother than some BMW engines? If this is true, we got a killer six in our hands :)
Old 07-21-2002, 11:22   #4 (permalink)

or go to http://board.performanceforums.com/f...eadid=67121041 to see the whole thread.
Old 07-21-2002, 15:54   #5 (permalink)

I wonder if they will be casting the existing engine blocks in aluminium?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 16:17   #6 (permalink)
cArSiK

Re: Interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy
The most we got from the flywheel was 210kw from the standard Base model new motor but it was to loud so expect to see the car at around 175-192KW.
That is massive - more than any AU XR6 & some AU XR8's!! If thats true , holden are finished - who wants a 152Kw commodore when for the same price (or less) they can have a V8 killer falcon.....

Lets just hope its true......:beerchuge
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub