It's Finally happened (personal victory) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2003, 20:54   #1 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

It's Finally happened (personal victory)

Well its finally here!

My resignation has finally been accepted by the powers that be and this coming Friday will be my last day at my current place of employment. (YAY ME!!!)

I first resigned way back in March and was unfortunatley not accepted because of major deadlines on a project which needed to be met. Well about a month ago i was set to finish up and it was delayed another 2 times, so here we go again.... but the project has been delivered and Im on my way......aahhhhh. freedom.

Gone will be the anguish of working two jobs (I also run my half of a shared buisness). So its on to working from home a welcome relief as i have been staying in a Motel from Monday to Friday (conditions of me staying on at work this long)

Now i get to work from home and fingers crossed work on repairing the damage of stress and lack of sleep! My relationship has taken a severe beating as a result of all of this so looking forward to spending some quality time with family and freinds. I have a 2 1/2 year old son who only sees me 2 days a fortnight not good at all.

Well now ill be a full time duag member untill i get ADSL for home!

Extremley happy about this major development so I just had to share it with my on-line family!!!

Cheers

Dazza

The now gainfully "self employed one"

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2003, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Re: It's Finally happened (personal victory)

Congrats personal victory's are always the best (note my post about getting a house YAY!)
So how could they keep you at work and not let you go?
I thought resignation was not something they could choose to accept, unless you were in a contract.
Old 08-04-2003, 21:18   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

They didnt accept it because they just couldnt replace me, (not an ego trip guys just fact!) and for the good of project delivery was not feasable to train someone when we were so close to completion (short story). I wanted to maintain a degree of good will (you never know when you need to call on an old freind) so thats just the way it went.

Old 08-05-2003, 07:17   #4 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Good stuff mate!

Enjoy working from home, more time for FF.com hehehe

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 19:26   #5 (permalink)

So you wanted to leave, decided to put it off for a couple of months, and then left?
xageetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 19:32   #6 (permalink)
FPV Tasmania Member

Re: Re: It's Finally happened (personal victory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky
They didnt accept it because they just couldnt replace me, (not an ego trip guys just fact!) and for the good of project delivery was not feasable to train someone when we were so close to completion (short story). I wanted to maintain a degree of good will (you never know when you need to call on an old freind) so thats just the way it went.
Now thats what I call a loyal employee, I wish there were more like you out there. In my industry, there is a real shortage of Qualified people, so if someone leaves your employ, its almost impossible to replace them, makes it very hard to operate a buisness at times.
But saying that, loyalty has to be a two way street, if you expect it from your employees, you have to give it to them too

Anyway, best of luck in your new life, hope all works well for you
Old 08-05-2003, 20:57   #7 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xageetee
So you wanted to leave, decided to put it off for a couple of months, and then left?
Initially no, I resigned and it wasnt accepted for reasons i mentioned before. Then after some negotiation between myself and my employer came to an agreement although terms originally agreed to were not strictly adhered to, but in the end i commited myself to seeing the project through. This I have done and i can move on knowing that i have fulfilled my obligation.

Old 08-05-2003, 22:56   #8 (permalink)

Just the way its put I suppose, but whether you "accept" someones resignation or not they have still resigned, ie. they've given notice that they are leaving.
The only time I've heard of resignation being refused is when a politician offers his/her resignation from an office due to some scandal/ineptitude on their part and the PM or whover decides to let them stay on, and continue to dip their snout in the trough with the rest of 'em.
xageetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 23:10   #9 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Yeah, i guess i just gave them a lot of notice! around 4 months give or take a couple of weeks!

Old 08-06-2003, 05:11   #10 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Re: Re: It's Finally happened (personal victory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
Kooky, I must say I admire your commitment to the project. But, on the other hand you DID make comment that a negotiation took place, so can one assume that a monetary comprimise came into place thus pursuading you to prolong your demise?
Thanks JAJH to answer your question:

Yes and no;

I recived a very healthy increase in income 3 months or so before making the decision to resign so as far as being unhappy with that, it was not a factor that weighed into my desicion.

The negotiation was around my employer providing me with accomodation in the city close to work. (i live around 1hr 20mins drive from work on an average day, Sydney forum members will be saying pffft!! have a whinge!!!) The project required more and more of my time so the simple answer was to take out the travel time to allow me to get enough sleep! There was also a commitment that it would be for a set amount of time (initially 5 weeks) i allowed 7 weeks, well that turned into if my memory serves me correct around 11 or 12 weeks. So yes it was a monetary issue but for my employer not me.

I should also mention that there are no sour grapes with either party I am just so releived that this time is finally here.

Although my buisness partner has had to shoulder a large amount of the workload in the meantime!! Not to mention the strain on my marriage........ hope to put that right, hopefully not too little, too late.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub