It's official: Bowe and CAT Racing split - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2001, 22:26   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

frown It's official: Bowe and CAT Racing split

Bowe will no longer drive the #600 Caterpillar-sponsored Ford Falcon and Briggs will use the remaining races in the 2001 Shell Championship Series to "audition" drivers for Briggs Motorsportís planned 2002 expansion.
"John has played a key role in the formation of this team, but we have decided to go our separate ways," Briggs said.

"I would like to thank him for his efforts with the team and wish him the best of luck for his future endeavors.

"We are looking at a number of drivers to try at Pukekohe and Sandown before finalising our complete driver squad for next season."

The Caterpillar #600 Falcon will not appear at the Gold Coast Indy support races, with damage from the recent V8 Supercar 1000 still being repaired.

"We have a lot of work still to do on the car," Briggs said.

"The paint will probably still be wet when we load it into the truck for New Zealand."

Bowe intends to remain in the sport that has earned him the 1995 V8 Supercar championship and two Bathurst victories.

"Although we have decided to part company, I have really enjoyed my time with Cat Racing and have gained lot of friends from the entire experience," Bowe said.

"The entire Caterpillar "family" has been wonderful supporters for myself and this team and I truly value their friendship and support.

"I certainly intend to continue to compete in V8 Supercars and after the Bathurst weekend, I remain confident I can still be very competitive."

Team sponsor Caterpillar of Australia has also expressed its thanks to John for his efforts in representing the company in V8 Supercar racing.

"The decision to part company is unfortunate as John Bowe is considered a friend of Caterpillar," Caterpillarís Michael Leyden said.

"He has done a great job working with Caterpillar and is highly regarded by our customers and those he has come in contact with over the formative years of Cat Racing.

"We thank John for his efforts over the past three years and wish him the utmost success for the future."
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2001, 22:30   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I wonder who'll replace him... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 22:35   #3 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I reckon that Simon Wills will drive the CAT car and hopefully Bowe can find a another Ford team to drive for.
If he goes to Holden i'll be very p!ssed off.
Old 10-14-2001, 22:37   #4 (permalink)
gone

Ahhh Man that sucks

Bowe has done so much for the team.

There has to be something else on the cards????
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Quote:
If he goes to Holden i'll be very p!ssed off.
Why?
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 22:39   #6 (permalink)

John is not going to drive for Holden.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 22:54   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

No way John is going to drive a Holden. wasn't he going to drive for BUD racing next year? He already drives the Bud Mustang so he will prolly get the full time job of driving the BUD V8 supercar.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 23:26   #8 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Yeah that what I was thinking too, seems like a logical step for him to jump into the Bud Racing Falcon, since he already drives for PHR in GTP.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 23:46   #9 (permalink)

I doubt very much that Bowey would drive for a holden team next year, he still has strong ties with Tickford in developing their road cars.
He helped with the T3 series too, as you all have probably read in the latest Wheels mag.
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 02:54   #10 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

**** happens eh

if he does so much for ford and ford is doin so much with gibson lately what are the odds of him driving for gibson next year and i mean a lowndes and bowe driver lineup would have to be the best out there and ready to bring down hrt

plus would be good to see as i wasn't too pleased when lowndes beat bowe in 96

i wonder how crompton would feel if this happend hehehe
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub