Jac Nasser and BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2002, 17:34   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Jac Nasser and BA

To some of us, it was Jac that head-hunted Uncle Geoff, it was he who helped 'persuade' the development sign-off on the BA, and he probably left enough of a legacy to warrant signoff on the Raptor.

Would anyone be happy to see Jac come over for a flying visit to partake in the launch of the BA or the new GT, even though he is no longer a part of Ford?

Thanks for the gift Jac. I for one will remember the part you played in giving the BA to Australia. Your AU sins are forgiven.

Lukeyson

(PS: Geoff, could you persuade Jac to say a quick G'Day in the forums?)
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2002, 18:50   #2 (permalink)
Code Monkey

somehow i dont think the big cheifs at Detroit wouldnt like that one little bit....
Old 09-17-2002, 20:24   #3 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

I agree Luke, not sure about him coming over for the launch but....

Also we should also remember that Jac, while Ford Australia boss, put the V8 back in the Falcon in 1991.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:54   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

dont forget it was jac that gave us the AU ..the taurus..the probe .. He set the stage for what we have now ..but he committed some sins ..namely the ones above !(my apologies to anyone that owns any of the above!!)
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 03:17   #5 (permalink)

Re: Jac Nasser and BA

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke Plaizier

Thanks for the gift Jac. I for one will remember the part you played in giving the BA to Australia. Your AU sins are forgiven.

The AU was no sin - it's styling was ahead of it's time and that's what frightened ppl off - together with Ford's lack of defense of the product when the press started bagging it.

Remember without the AU there would be no BA! IMO BA = AUIV
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 03:58   #6 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

Jac was behind the Capri flop too..... while we're bagging him. But I think he did good for the whole company while boss of Australia, and CEO of Ford Worldwide.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:16   #7 (permalink)

Uncle Jac

Before we bag Jac, its true he signed off on AU however he didnt design the car. Even though many people in Detroit never liked the looks of the car he pushed it to keep the aussie falcon going.

So he did Ford Aus a favour. At the time Ford Aus was telling the world this what the aussie market wants (AU styled cars), so of course Jac was going to support it.

Taurus, probe and Cougar sold well in the US anyway.

As for capri, at its time i think it was a hot looking car. The car had some mistakes but going from a big falcon to a convertible small car is a big jump. The Capri eventualy sorted it self out, the build quality got a lot better in the later series builds.
1_sly_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 06:43   #8 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

True, the Capri was actually an OK car, but unfortunately it seems Ford in the late 80's was not the time or place to be making it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub