(Jack Travis please read)NEWsite - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2002, 10:21   #1 (permalink)
EB Owner

(Jack Travis please read)NEWsite

I was reading a page in the discussion board aboutt he stickers, neway you were saying your thinking of doing a second URL for other cars such as EB's etc...i can do one if you want? cos u probably have enuff trouble managing this one, ill make it and everything and get a free url for the time being, i dunno..just tellin u sum suggestions, please reply and tell me what u think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2002, 11:19   #2 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Just my thoughts but...i personally like the website combined kinda, it's very handy.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 14:34   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I should clarify. When I said a second URL, what I meant was an address (such as ausfords.com or something - I haven't worked it out yet) that would instantly redirect to eafalcon.com. Otherwise an eafalcon sticker would be inappropriate on many vehicles in the club (almost derogatory... hehe).

I know that registering the domain is a cheap and quick procedure, but I'm not so sure how cheap it is to host a redirection site. There was a time when we were going to have a .com site redirecting to ford.i8... so I suppose I'll just be resuming that research. :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 14:59   #4 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

lol

Redirection will not cost anything. You can point as many urls as you want to the one account in the same way as you did for the eafalcon.com url
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 15:33   #5 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: lol

Really? Hmm then the only question is which URL to choose. I'm open to all suggestions...

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 04-23-2002, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
EB Owner

my suggestion...

what i was thinking was to make a site called something like notjustea.cjb.net lol or something and have it as a link on this site....and on the notjustea.cjb.net site have this site as a link from there so there joint and u can say somewhere that there like sister sites... cjb.net is a free url thing, its simple and nice..please give me feedback and im more than happy to make the other one cos i was htinkin of makin one neway..
Old 04-24-2002, 11:46   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: my suggestion...

Well if you wish to do that by all means go ahead, but there are a few points to consider. This is an EA-ED (plus LWB equivalents) club, so it is not restricted to EAs anyway

There may be a market for an EF-EL, or even an EA-EL club.

A word of warning, though, as I had to spend hours last night on the site, and I was just catching up with e-mails I had to send regarding stickers, new applications, etc. And this is only for an EA-ED club.

My suggestion would be to make a web site about whichever models interest you (ideally including your own car), and I will link to that in your listing on the club pages.

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 04-24-2002, 16:43   #8 (permalink)
EB Owner

another way i was considering when making another site was to put a section called "your ford" then in that page i put ea, eb, ed, ef, el and so on... (each one with its own link within the site but the only one (EA) is linked directly to this site so i wont have ea's going to mine they still come here or put ea-ed linked to here and the rest part of my site..?
Old 04-25-2002, 09:34   #9 (permalink)
400 kg ego

The thing is, I already have an 'Other Fords' section of the site which can have any Ford there. Even someone I know with an Explorer has been wanting his car up there.

My suggestion would be creating an independent site, mate. If you need any assistance, just write a post here titled "D'oh help me ILSA". :)

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub