Jaguar S Type Tussle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2001, 18:01   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Jaguar S Type Tussle

Well guys i have to spill the beans on this one, last night a mate of mine managed to borrow a Jaguar S Type V6 with 179kw auto. Car is worth $125,000. Anywayz all me mates were saying how fast it is etc, so i decided to take the challenge and race the Jag S Type.

From the word go, my car pulled 3/4 car length ahead of the jag by the time i hit 2nd, then as the speed increased to 120kmph, i was a ahead of him clean. Pretty much after 2nd gear it's all Ford Falcon Inline 6 power, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Pretty much kept it quiet to my mates, but when we meet up i quoted "Ford Power Mate Ford Power"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2001, 20:40   #2 (permalink)

Don't know who told you they were quick but they were mistaken.

Try racing an XJR and see how you go

On the Jag front the new X type could steal some sales from Tickford. Around the same price, it just might appeal to the older customers that the t series is aimed at. I know one guy that plans on switching to the X and will trade is XR8 on it. I would hate to be that old and misguided:D
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 00:59   #3 (permalink)

Dont forget the Jag S-Type is Ford powered :p

Its using a 3.0L Duratec just like the Taurus :D

Motor Mag claims the 5 speed version does 15.5 1/4s and I doubt the Auto would be much slower....
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 01:44   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Martin right:They are a nice bit of machinery,now.
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 02:54   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Apart from my baby killing it in acceleration i reckon thats about all it can beat teh Jaguar S Type in. It is a very very nice car. The car was white but it's one of the best white cars i've seen. Oh yeah the dual exhaust sounded sweeeeeet and raspy my kind of sound.

Yeah i noted that to my Holden mates last night that it was a Taurus engine. But goes to show the good ol 4.0 Litre or 249 cubbie Inline 6 has got abit of pace. :D

My car has weigh's in at 1600kg to boot, wonder what the S Type weighs.

Got the spec for the car i raced last night it was the 3.0 V6 SE Auto and done 9.1 0-100km/h and 16.7 1/4's.

Just for the record the 4.0 V8 Auto SE does 7.7 and 15.6 hmmm be sweeeet if the Wagon beat the V8.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub