Jarvis Ford, Portrush Road Adelaide - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2003, 04:06   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Thumbs up Jarvis Ford, Portrush Road Adelaide

Have to give these guys a bit of a wrap. I am 19 and obviously don't have the cash to buy a car. But I have been in there about three times and compared to other Ford dealers I have been to these guys stand out big time. Everytime I go there to drool at Barras someone comes up to me, introduces themselves within 2 minutes. Some other places you are left standing around looking like an idiot. At Jarvis one day the salesman even got the keys for a NA XR6 and unlocked it just so I could sit in it!

Today I went there with my mother and brother. Once again within 2 minutes someone had come up to us and introduced themselves and asked what they could do to help. I told him that my parents were looking at buying a Barra. Within 5 minutes we were test driving an XT. My mum was impressed with it so we started talking trade in deals. Whilst we were test driving the XT Jarvis had someone drive our Pajero and evaluate it. When we came back we were presented with a trade in offer. At another car yard I had to wait 2 days before getting a approximate price for the Pajero!

Then my father came down to test drive the XT and decided that it was nice but something with more power was required. The salesman showed him the XR6 Turbo they had around back for a customer, explained all the differences between the XR6T and the XT and even started it. (Jeezus doesn't it sound chunky! Like a Skyline with an exhaust!) My dad was impressed with it and then went inside to discuss the deal. After about 5 mins we had a good idea of the final price. The salesman then chatted to us about the old GTs, V8 Supercars and his own Turbo experiences. He really knew his stuff. (Not like some salesmen - "Where abouts is the aerial on the car mate?" "Uhhhh I dunno let me ask some one")

The service is one of the main reasons we are going back tommorow to hopefully sign the paper work.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2003, 04:08   #2 (permalink)

That sounds like the dealer we deal with, we just walk in now and he gives us the keys to what ever we want, he doesnt even come with us. When we bought the BA we didnt even have to sign a contract, now that easy goin.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:42   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

we have bought around 14 cars roughly through jarvis, and they usually offer excellent service. out of the cars we currently have the following came from jarvis ford: My AU2 S-pack, My mums AU Fairmont wagon (and would have been BA fairmont from them if there was a wagon), my sisters festiva, the work horse transit van, and my nannas NL fairlane.

The next new car I buy will most likely be from there, and if it is I already have the new salesman picked out. He is the only one who came and talked to the 16 year old checking out the XR6 (me obviously), while the rest ignored me, as they do.

When I bought my car from jarvis, i had seen it earlier there and made sure that the same salesman got his name put down as the seller, because he went to out ragous troubles to helping me pick a car, unlike most people who just wanted to get rid of the annoying 16 year old who was asking questions, about things they dont know!

Another rap for the used salesman I had, when I asked about the commo competitor to the S-pack/XR6, rather then bagging one, as most dealers did, he simply told me the pros and cons of both.

In general I have to agree with you BA GT-HO, well done Jarvis!

/* end rant
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 19:33   #4 (permalink)

Your welcome...

re: Jarvis Ford at Portrush Rd.

If it was the Silhouette Turbo out the back that the dealer started up for you, then your welcome mate.

As the new owner I'm wrapped in this car. By all means give me an email and I'll call around and chat cars to your Dad. I do live local to the dealer as well.

I have to agree with your appraisal of this dealership. You cannot buy this sort of advertising. A lot of other 'yards' could use a few pointers in how to treat customers even if they are just 'type kickers'. They may be future owners one day and paying your business expenses.

cheers
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 20:29   #5 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Finally a good news story about an Ford dealership. I was beginning to lose faith!
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 21:24   #6 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Yes, it is good news.

Mind you, the website is pretty good too don't forgte!

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:45   #7 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: Your welcome...

Quote:
Originally posted by puffnstuff
re: Jarvis Ford at Portrush Rd.

If it was the Silhouette Turbo out the back that the dealer started up for you, then your welcome mate.

As the new owner I'm wrapped in this car. By all means give me an email and I'll call around and chat cars to your Dad. I do live local to the dealer as well.

I have to agree with your appraisal of this dealership. You cannot buy this sort of advertising. A lot of other 'yards' could use a few pointers in how to treat customers even if they are just 'type kickers'. They may be future owners one day and paying your business expenses.

cheers
You have a PM mate. Congrats on the new car! :D
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:19   #8 (permalink)

Read EM

blackduck_au@yahoo.com
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub