JOBS!!! what people do for $$$ out there! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2003, 22:27   #1 (permalink)

JOBS!!! what people do for $$$ out there!

Hey,
Just wondering wat people do for jobs, and whether they enjoy it! finishin school and trying to make up my mind!! im not a maths person, at moment going into I.T industry, but dont wanna be stuck in front of computer all day!! so yeah...!! so i was just wondering wat jobs people have, whether they are happy wit wat they do or wat story is!
cheers!
AUGASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
.au member

Re: JOBS!!! what people do for $$$ out there!

i'm in the same boat as you, and i'm thinking a NSW Highway Patrol Officer sounds good - get paid to flog XR's and SS's! There is of course the minor inconvenience of everyone hating your guts, but seeing as you have a Glock 9mm on your hip I don't think that would be an issue!
Old 11-06-2003, 22:39   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

just finished year 12, although I claim to be doing that part time and working full time lol.

I have a part time job in retail, part time job in furniture removal and a pretty much (is as of today) full time job in computer retail!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 23:17   #4 (permalink)

IM NOBODY and when im able t, i stand on a corner.LOL
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 23:26   #5 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

well i work in the farce that is info tech. I am in the outsourcing area (looking after companies servers and the such, running backups, batch, sys admin kinda work). Its ok but IT at the moment is picking up after a real slowdown. So if you know of anyone wanting to outsource their IT equipment with full support by a large organisation then come to me..keeps me in work :)
hopefully next year i will be doing my masters in I.T. keep the brain active...

Last edited by Night_Lurker; 11-09-2003 at 04:32.
Night_Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
BOFH

I work in IT, with some very specific techo software and been doing it for over 10 years. Basically, it sucks and is extreamly hard on me, my family and my sanity. So much so I'm out of it next year.

IT may look good and the money may be ok but there lots to it that sucks.
Hope you find something better than this.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 00:18   #7 (permalink)
spaced out

I work in a cooper smelter, the money is good the starting wage is $50,000 and you get 6 weeks holidays a year, its shift work 12 hour shifts 2 days then 2 nights then 4 days off, you have to work weekends but you get used to it after a while,
if you take 1 week off (4 days) you are off work for 12 days almost 2 weeks so you cant complain about that

Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 00:21   #8 (permalink)

tripper....what is a cooper smelter?? wat they do???
AUGASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 00:49   #9 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

he means Copper smelter
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:05   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I've done 18 years so far in the Navy. I'm an Electrical Fitter Mechanic by trade.

I get to work on everything from toasters to 1 Megawatt generators, weapon systems and 25000 HP gas turbines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub