John Crennan's big fat mouth strikes again... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2001, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

John Crennan's big fat mouth strikes again...

Flikcking through Street GMs - err sorry, Street Machine, this month's issue has an interview with HSV boss Crennan. Usual crap from him, but when possed the question of Craig Lowndes defection, and the GM vs Ford debate, Crennan says...

'The more our competition narrows the gap, by manipulation or ambush or whatever means...'

Manipulation or ambush?? What, Ford help the V8's hit parity spot on with a uniform pan on both cars, and that's manipulation? Polites signs Lowndes, and thats ambush? Excuse me! I guess 'whatever means' refers to lots of time and effort by teams like GMS, DJR and Stone Brothers.

Crennan obviously has a short memory of when Ford was slapped with much harsher parity penalties a few years back, and signing Lowndes was hardly ambush - perhaps if he'd been treated better by HRT/Holden, he would not have had any desire to move.

Crennan finishes by saying "I think that Tall Poppy Syndrome is soemthing you bring on yourself if you have your head stuck up your arse. I think we're pretty earthy and real. If we started acting like clever dicks then we would have something to worry about. I hope winning never goes to our heads."

Too late for that, your ego-bloated fat head is already jammed way far up your arse.
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2001, 18:16   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

He had a big whinge in Auto Action too... pharkin eedgit
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 18:35   #3 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

I think he needs a good kick in the head, though after he has taken his head out of his own arse.

The fecking gobsh!te!:fmad:
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 19:03   #4 (permalink)
Australian TE50 AU1 Member

When you consider the charactor of Mr Crennan and compare it with Mr Skaife, you can see why he is being groomed for the top HRT job. You have to be an arrogant, egotistical, overbearing, overconfident, conceited, contemptuous twit.

Special thanks to my thesaurus for the big words!!
TeeHee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 19:27   #5 (permalink)
Rail Rider

mad

I think Creep...oops Crennan Has his head so far up his arse that it looks normal.

That flash at HSV show they think they are clever dicks...what am I saying, WHAT DICKS!!!
Old 07-24-2001, 19:39   #6 (permalink)

I agree totaly with everything that has been said about Crennan. He is the most egotistical person I have ever come across. Thank God the bosses at Ford (G'day Geoff ) and FTE (G'day David ) are not like that.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 21:04   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs down

well what can you say. Is it anu wonder that you can't have a sensible conversation with Holden people when the pr machine runs riot. I thought the guy had been officially gagged. must of slipped the leash
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 21:07   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by TeeHee
When you consider the charactor of Mr Crennan and compare it with Mr Skaife, you can see why he is being groomed for the top HRT job. You have to be an arrogant, egotistical, overbearing, overconfident, conceited, contemptuous twit.

Special thanks to my thesaurus for the big words!!
Damn straight mike.. The top two at HSV and HRT are arseholes..

Quote:
I think that Tall Poppy Syndrome is soemthing you bring on yourself if you have your head stuck up your arse. I think we're pretty earthy and real. If we started acting like clever dicks then we would have something to worry about. I hope winning never goes to our heads."
Looks like he has a terminal case of tall poppy syndrome then... :fmad:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 21:25   #9 (permalink)

And just another point.

When are Ford going to realise that if you put Tickford on the side of a car and the team doesn't perform then this sort of stuff by the opposition is bound to happen. Seems everone can see the TRACK/ ROAD relation but ford on this issue. Before signing Craig it was far more important to get the FTR team to the top. Craig was a bonus but getting the people behind FTR is what is going to shift cars on the show room floor
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 23:23   #10 (permalink)

HSEC, I agree with you. FTR better start performing because as you said it is carrying the Tickford name.
Whether they need to buy Seton out, I don't know but Tickford can't have a team that's running outside the top 10 carrying it's image.
Mr GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub