John Lennon's Town & Country - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 09:45   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

John Lennon's Town & Country

I didn't realize John Lennon ever HAD a T&C, but he did. He owned it when he was murdered 30 years ago. It's being sold today...check out the car:

Not Found on eBay: John and Yoko's 1972 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 12:16   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: John Lennon's Town & Country

Terrible colour and looks as if the bodywork has had as many hits as the Beatles !!!
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:19   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
Terrible colour and looks as if the bodywork has had as many hits as the Beatles !!!
In order to blend into the New York City background, wouldn't you want that? If it were flashy, Lennon (well, more to the point Yoko, since John didn't drive) couldn't go shopping.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:40   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

My comment was in relation to the car , nothing to do with any previous owners .
Old 01-01-2011, 12:47   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
My comment was in relation to the car , nothing to do with any previous owners .
Yes...and my comment was simply a REASON for the terrible color.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:55   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Do you not think buying a car in a terrible colour would draw more attention to the vehicle and get it noticed more ?

P.s
Happy new year .
Old 01-01-2011, 16:00   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

It's not like he bought a flaming pink car...it's a bland color in the era of bland colors. I doubt anyone noticed until, say, 1992.
Old 01-01-2011, 16:28   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

For some reason my comment on the colour of the car seems to have hit a nerve with you , dont know why .This was my opinion on the car which all members are allowed to post and contribute to on this forum . I didn't know that it was to go on like this when I replied to your post, we will just have agree to disagree on this matter . There is more important things in life to bother about than this .I think I may have preferred pink like you mention ! I wont be commenting further on the matter , life is to short to get wound up over nothing , all the best .
Old 01-01-2011, 17:39   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
For some reason my comment on the colour of the car seems to have hit a nerve with you , dont know why .This was my opinion on the car which all members are allowed to post and contribute to on this forum . I didn't know that it was to go on like this when I replied to your post, we will just have agree to disagree on this matter . There is more important things in life to bother about than this .I think I may have preferred pink like you mention ! I wont be commenting further on the matter , life is to short to get wound up over nothing , all the best .

Let's "Give Peace a Chance"... OK ... I would have to agree with both of you...Reason Bland Color to Blend in while a Super star was Riding around 5th Ave.

But while in the U.S. Army I learned two types of Colors... Puke Green, and Piss Yellow...and that sure looks like a little Puky...

I would like to know who was the Second owner of the car and the History on how the got it.
Old 01-01-2011, 20:03   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
No problem here. Just chatting.

But pink...with wood grain....hmmmmm.....

All the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub