Just came back from watching the supercars... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2002, 14:09   #1 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Just came back from watching the supercars...

Hey doods. I heard the V8 supercars doing their practice from my house this arvo so I thought I'd go down and check them out. I've been to a race once before but today it was awesome because I was sitting in the grandstand so the echo from the cars was ****ing amazing and furthermore I was sitting about 3/4 of the way down the straight so they would have been hitting top speed when they were going past me.

There were also a couple of motorbikes doing wheelies, monos and -huge- burnouts until both of them popped their tyres. They one of the crazy bastards did a wheelie with his popped tyre.

After that the Donut King Bommodore ute came out and absolutely smoked the place out doing heaps of doughies until it popped its tyres too.

Can't wait till sunday..

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2002, 00:49   #2 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

good luck 2 ford and their drivers.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 17:12   #3 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

I went to the twilight race (Race 1) yesterday and I was there all day today. Got HEAPS of pics too. Today was excellent but its a shame about the result with Skafey taking out both races today plus yesterday's race.
Ambrose came a close 2nd in race 1 and 2. Race 3 saw Lowndsey in the lead and Ambrose in 2nd from the start of the race and Skaife in 3rd. Unfortunately around 10 laps later Skaife got ahead of Ambrose and shortly after Ingall took Ambrose too. A few laps later Lowndsey had a good lead but next time they came around to my part of the track Skaife had 1st and Lowndes 2nd. Apparently he had a bit of a moment where he locked the back wheels and Skaife was able to overtake him. That moment really sucked because it took away Ford's only win for the weekend and gave Skaife all 3 races.
Nevertheless it was a good day with a particularly awesome high speed spin out in the MG Cup. It looked like a bloody Nascar spin with all the tyre smoke it generated.

--ath0-- ....gone
Old 04-28-2002, 17:27   #4 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Yeh I watched the whole thing on TV this arvo, damn shame Ford couldn't pull off a race win but at least we got 2nd and 3rd overall. And Lowndes didnt lock up anything, he went into turn 2 a bit to hot and ran wide off the track and Skaife got the lead. He mighta had a chance of holding him off if that hadn't of happened

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 17:55   #5 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Must have been somebody else that locked their back wheels...i dunno.

I was sitting at turn 2 for the first race today but not for the 2nd race.

--ath0-- ....gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub